Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 9451 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

ikessurplus
(stranger )
06/09/03 00:27 AM
White Text Screws Up eBay Site Text!  

Hello!

I'm new to AW and so far it seems pretty powerful.

I'm having trouble with templates.

I tried to use the "Use this color for black text in Descriptions and Page Components" to make white text on a dark background. However, the option I mention causes eBay's text on my auction page to show up as white and it is illegible.

I looked at the code in eBay's page for my auction, and it seems that the above mentioned option sets the BODY tag to "text=#FFFFFF" which causes all text on the page to be white.

So had to manually go in on eBay's site and change the text= code to bkack, and then put a <SPAN STYLE="color: white;"></SPAN> around the entire part of my code on the eBay page.

This is a pain!

What is the trick?

If I go into the Description and Images tab in the inventory item and set the text to white, then I can't see it in AW.

Thanks!

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
06/10/03 12:05 PM
Re: White Text Screws Up eBay Site Text! new [re: ikessurplus]  

That's because AW2K gives you 2 background options. The first one is a BODY tag that affects the entire page - including the ebay headers. That's just how HTML is ;-)

But, you can get around this by using the "put frame around this page" option. That basically puts all your AW2K auction stuff into a "table", and all the background (color or image) then only applies to the auction info.

Text colors can then be adjusted directly on your item description, or by using <FONT color= > commands in your template.

Hope that helps!
Rich

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
06/10/03 01:30 PM

If the BODY tag has a "text=" element, then you put a check in the Use custom colors checkbox on your Listing Template. That option affects all text on a web page, including eBay's text. You should only use that option in a Listing Template if you fully understand how it works.

The Use this color for black text in Descriptions and Page components option is the recommended approach for creating color schemes in Listing Templates. That setting controls the text color. The Put a frame around the page checkbox gives you access to the Background color setting. The two of them together create the color scheme for the Listing Template. See "Color Schemes in Listing Templates" in the help index for more information.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

magicka
(newbie)
06/10/03 02:47 PM

what i did when i wanted to use white text on a dark background is do all my text and formatting first and then highlight all the text and change it to white (yes you wont be able to see it in AW but once yourre done with youyr listing it doesnt really matter.

heres an example of what i did in white on a darker background
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3610036650&category=16048&rd=1

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads