Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 14526 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

yzocozy
(stranger )
08/15/03 10:01 PM
[Opinion] Improvement please!!!!!  

Hi,

I have been using AW2K for 5 months, and there are many things I think they need to be added/improved (not in importance order):

1-HTML support in *description* like clickable links, tables, etc (not only in template). (like Turbo Lister)

2-IMAGES -- an option to disable compressing feature. I use Photoshop to edit images and "save for web", the pix are optimized and I would like they to appear in that way. AW2K "compresses" every images and sometimes the file size is larger *and* the quality is worse. (Yes, I know I can adjust the compression level, but it doesnt work as I would like)

3-REPORTS -- they are almost useless since I cannot save them. Please allow users to save/export them to Excel or something. I just can't print all of them out and store tons of papers.

4-EMAILS --
4a) I have some auctions that has a number "2000" in the title, and whenever I received "item purchased:2000... " or "item not sold: 2000..." emails from ebay, it automatically associated to Invoice 2000!
4b) Html emails option please.
4c) If there is a preview pan (like Outlook Express) it would be great! WIll be easier to keep track when processing emails.

5-SORTING- I would like to sort all my inventory items by quantity in stock, committed, available, etc. (so that it's easier to know which item should be listed more, or to be ordered more. Not a problem if you have 10 items, but it is when you have hundreds of them).
Same for Invoices, I would like to sort by "Ship Via" too..

To be continued...

That's what I can think of right now. Thanks for reading!

To the programmer: I know it's a lot of work to make all of these features possible, but please keep them in your mind if you're publishing an update or newer version. Thank you!

If you are a seller too, what you would like AW2K to add/improve?

discussion board ID: yzocozy

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
08/19/03 11:13 AM
Re: [Opinion] Improvement please!!!!! new [re: yzocozy]  

Thank you for your suggestions. They are on our suggestion list.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/09/03 09:22 AM

I would like to see a way to add an "image" beside the title.
Now in order to get that image in place you must use "revise".
This first picture is free and uploading it via AW along with everything else would sure be wonderful.

Since the NEW improved "use your own picture hosting" is in place for that space, it would be nice if that pointed to the first image file within the auction.
Many thanks
S

simplygreatdeals
(stranger )
11/08/03 09:52 AM
Re: [Opinion] Improvement please!!!!! new [re: Anonymous]  

AW2 really needs to catch up to new eBay features added in the past few months, such as item specifics, Good Til Cancelled and new additional categories.

The auction lot pages description box needs to be larger (scrollable). If I have more than 1 picture and want to display the picture to the left or to the right, there ends up being a lot of useless white space that I cannot control.

LennyS
(Unregistered)
11/08/03 06:35 PM
Re: [Opinion] Improvement please!!!!! new [re: simplygreatdeals]  

I don't know which copy of AW2000 you are using, but my copy shows the Auction Lots Description window with scroll bars - try putting your cursor in the middle between the description window and the picture window (there is a line at that point) and when your cursor turns into the line with 2 arrows on either side, you can click and move that line to the left making the picture window larger and the description window smaller - then your window will have scroll bars.

tictictic
(Unregistered)
02/19/04 01:26 PM

Hi fellow Wizards,

I've asked Support twice about this, but it doesn't seem like it's going to get put at the top of the To-Do list any time soon.

I would really like to be able to occasionally edit my HTML listing templates as a batch. In other words, when I need to change my email link or my counter code, I'd love to be able to simply run a Find/Replace on these files. I have so many templates that it's a very long and tedious job using the AW template editor to make changes that apply to all of them.

I've been told the templates are binary files and therefore not subject to Find/Replace the way a text file would be. However, there are programs out there which purport to be able to edit multiple binary files. AW Support has warned against trying to edit these binary files, saying that doing so would corrupt them.

Has anyone tried one of these binary file editing programs?

grumpy3b
(stranger )
03/08/04 10:11 PM
Re: [Opinion] Improvement please!!!!! new [re: tictictic]  

to the OP...you can set the image compression to 0% under FILE~PROGRAM OPTIONS... ;)

What I would like to see is the addition of custom template components. We could create our own components the same way we do for templates now...but, these could be reused as needed in our custom templates. Right now if you have six templates and all use the same basic components, if ya need to change any of the components you then need to make the same changes in each individual template...that is a PITA...

Also, it would be nice to have a table object in the description editor. But that is a coding nightmare to make it easy sooooo, if the description editor could have a plain text or HTML mode that would really help...because right now if you create the HTML in another program and paste it into AW2k the description editor inserts all kinds of formatting codes that bugger the HTML. The current work around for me is to manually edit the pated code so there are hard returns or whatever else AW2k inserts...again this really slows down the auction lot or inventory item creation process. I sell mainly unique items so most items need newly created lots...

It's getting a bit behind the timies but I still love AW2k...for now... ;)

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads