Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 8806 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

awlite
(stranger )
10/30/03 08:01 AM
image position  

I am making my first AW html template for auction lot. Everything is fine except I would like my images to appear between descriiption and footer. Is there some way to do this without haveing to use my own html and uploading my own images.
The only selections for images seems to be top (over all text), bottom (under all text), or right or left.
I would really like to put it after descrtiption before explaing shipping terms. Any suggestions

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
10/30/03 02:19 PM
Re: image position new [re: awlite]  

Images cannot appear between the Description and the Footer Text on the Page Body, because both are part of the same Page Component. However, you can create a new "Formatted Text" Page Component below the Page Body and move the contents of your Footer Text into that component. Setting the Page Layout on the Page Properties to "Images on Bottom" will make the images appear between the Description and the text in the Formatted Text Page Component. The sample Listing Template named "Sample Dark Charcoal w-Lt Gray" is a good example of this technique.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

awlite
(stranger )
10/30/03 04:49 PM
Re: image position new [re: AuctionWizard]  

thank you, I did finally get it.

simplygreatdeals
(stranger )
11/08/03 09:45 AM
Re: image position new [re: awlite]  

This is also something that I now want to do. The problem with your solution, which I had figured out, is that you have to constantly change the template. Not a big deal if you're listing Good Til Cancelled, but an extra hassle otherwise.

I am surprised that this latest update didn't include expansion of the eBay categories.

I am also still waiting patiently for eBay's item specifics and GTC listing features to be supported.

Now that there are 3 things that I have to manually edit on every listing, I probably will start looking at alternatives after the holiday season, because this is getting to be a lot of work.

leeflang
(stranger )
06/30/04 06:21 AM
Re: image position new [re: simplygreatdeals]  

I have the same problem or maybe even more complex.
My standard of publication is:
1) first image (so a variable IMG tag link in a standard format)
2) description (so variable text in a standard format)
3) terms and conditions (largely standard and unhangeable except for the variable of s/h)
4) various additional images

I'm also not inclined to continuously for each posting change a template. That is ot what 'template' means.

What I would like is to get rid of he IMG tags altogether and be able t use the browse and image insertion function of AW in any place in the ad.

Additionally I would ike to be able to mark various images in a batch for inserton since browsing on single file basis is too slow.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads