Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 9049 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

lionrhod
(stranger )
12/07/04 01:33 PM
white text, black background  

Hi,

I'm trying to make my templates - previously my auctions were white text on a black background, and I'd really like to keep them this way. Otherwise it means a major re-do on all my graphics, and isn't in line with the look of my biz website.

However when I try to create a template, my description text shows up as blank (black) (though the info in the footer area shows up as white, the way it's supposed to. )

I realize that I could make all my text white in the descriptions, but that's a major hassle, and means I'll have trouble reading/editing them.

And of course I found out that if you choose white text on the custom page colors, it turns everything on ebay white as well - not good!

Any suggestions?

Lion

rodgw
(Unregistered)
12/07/04 01:52 PM
Re: white text, black background new [re: lionrhod]  

I believe if you go into the "template editor" and re-arrainge the "default" colors for back ground and text you'll get what you want.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're really after.

rodgw

lionrhod
(stranger )
12/07/04 02:13 PM
Re: white text, black background new [re: rodgw]  

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "default" that isn't working. Is there a deeper pref file somewhere that handles template defaults?

On the template editor I pushed the "use this button for black text in descriptions and page components" and changed that to white, but in the preview the description text showed up as black (invisible on a black background)

Lion

rodgw
(Unregistered)
12/07/04 06:03 PM
Re: white text, black background new [re: lionrhod]  

OK,
When your in a "template" under the Template Editor the very first component in the component list on the left is one labeled "Page Properties". In here you can set "your default" colors you want for the back ground and text. There is a box with the title "Use Custom Colors". Click this box and a box opens up with the title "Custom Page Colors" giving different color choices you can use. Also under "page properties" is a color box you can change the text color. This one has a title, "Use this color for black text in description and page components. I have my "default" text color as blue. It is here where I set that.
There is also a box you can check that has the titile, "Put a frame around the page". This is the one I used. I set a frame color of green and background to grey.
So all my auctions have a gray back ground with a narrow green border and blue text.

Hope this helps
rodgw

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads