Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 28353 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/09/06 03:42 PM
Re: Mysteries of HTML new [re: bluepennylady]  

Yes, I get that, at least I get it NOW. But that was what I was going for with the "target="_blank" component -- I wanted the Here's-a-link part to be outside the actual link, so I should have left it out entirely. I should have made it like this (with the introductory text formatted like the rest of my auction description, just using AW's formatting buttons):

Here's a web site devoted to his work: (center)(font face="maiandra gd" size="4" color="blue")(a href="http://www.michaelwhelan.com")Michael Whelan(/a)(/font)(/center)

Thanks for all your help with this. I've saved it all in my HTML tips file.

Sue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/09/06 03:44 PM
Re: Mysteries of HTML new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Well you are good to go now! Up and running, so to speak. I am still drooling over Reese's peanut butter cups.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/09/06 04:33 PM
Re: Mysteries of HTML new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:
I'm not sure if this will help or not. But when you are pasting HTML stuff into an HTML editor sometimes the copy/paste picks up extraneous stuff. The way to safeguard agains this is to copy from the source - in this case Judy's post to you. Then past it into NotePad. Once in Note Pad copy it from there and paste it into the HTML - say in AW2K's html template designer. What happens is that NotePad is so rudimentay it doesn't accept any hidden materials that may be in the Post etc. It only pastes in what the human eye sees on the page. Pure HTML. This trick almost always works.

Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know. But if you didn't know it -- the trick really works well.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/09/06 06:54 PM
Re: Mysteries of HTML new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Thanks for mentioning the Notepad. I use it all of the time as I have experienced all extraneous text before. Had some really weird looking listings too. Emailed Thom for assistance to which he responded, "You have extraneous text. Should have pasted into Notepad." Duh! I know that

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads