Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 45202 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
CalmnCollect
(stranger )
10/20/06 10:06 PM
Re: Inserting PayPal into Auction new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Ok cool. I think i got it now. Really appreciate your help.

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/20/06 10:10 PM
Re: Inserting PayPal into Auction new [re: CalmnCollect]  

You're welcome. I'm sure that Judy will prolly have a more detailed answer when she gets back to her office. I figured what little info I was able to offer might help for the time being. I use those buttons all the time and they are handy. You can make as many as you want and they just stay there - I think you can go in and delete them if you wish. My guess, as Player is not a site I'm all that familiar with, is that you enter the PayPal code into your Player HTML so that it is on the page where you want it to be located. Good luck - and Judy will be sure to have a lot more info for you.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/21/06 05:18 AM

Garry,

Thanks. Your instructions work just perfect. I have to dig mine up to remember where to insert field tags. I can't remember as I haven't done a Paypal button in a long time.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/21/06 06:58 AM
Re: Inserting PayPal into Auction new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
The only reason I remembered the steps was that I had made a file of the steps and kept it on the 'puter. Every time I had to make a button I couldn't even remember where to go on PP to do the darn thing. All I know is they are simple to make, are good like forever, and you can embed in them almost anything you want to show up on your report.

This system is an good and acceptable replacement for a card processor. I use the card processor (Authroize.net) on my other site but on this one the PP Buttons work just fine until I can find the time to add the processor to it too.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/21/06 07:51 AM

Garry,

I have a file for the steps as well but that silly file t'ain't at home. It's at work as creating Paypal buttons isn't something I can do at home. I can see I need to move a file to home as well

The URL PayNow link is a bit more complicated as the URL has to be edited after it is created and AW2K field tags inserted. Works slicker than all get out. The AW2K field tags pull the buyer's Invoice number and total amount due so all they do is click and hit submit. And what is even cooler is if the buyer under pays, the link can be edited for the balance due so the buyer doesn't have to figure out how to send a balance due. All my AW2K invoices contain the Paypal PayNow URL link. No buttons just the link. And my buyers love it.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/21/06 11:10 PM

Judy:
On some of the invoices I send I include the link to PP also. If it is an amount over $25.00 then I include the link. The only reason is that for some reason many collectors love to send checks and the link being there (my taking the time to insert it acutally) still results in a check. So until I can get my repeat buyers educated on the wonderfulness (lol) of PP I'll just include it on invoices over $50.00. And you are so correct -- it is so slick - the PP link makes things tons easier. It looks so professional too huh? Little do they know how relatively easy it is to do it.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/22/06 02:48 AM

Garry,

I duplicated email templates for inserting the Paypal PayNow URL link originally. I did the same thing. I did not send it to everyone. Now I do. I will say the new buyers on Overstock don't "get it" over half the time.

But I sure like the Paypal PayNow URL links. That little link sure decreased Unpaid item/Non-paying bidders at both Auction sites.

That's interesting how your buyers want to send checks for stamps. Most my buyers hate to send checks. The only ones that do are generally businesses so the check is actually just a paper trail for a business purchase.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/22/06 06:56 AM

Judy:
I wish I knew what there was about the check thingie. The only thing that I can think of is age related. Many collectors are older people - that may not trust the PayPal concept. So they send checks. I get checks for all sorts of small amounts. I've had, on the other hand, PP payments for over $1,000.00 from collectors. So it may be age, I'm not sure. Also another thing I've noticed over the years - the collector that is a female almost always sends a check. I can't explain that. Also by check I also am including a money order - either postal service or "7-11" etc.

I use PayPal buttons on my other site and that is used fairly often. That site has an integrated shopping cart with a credit card processor (authorize.net). And one of the payment options is PayPal. If they choose that option it goes through the process passing all information necessary and it happens as quickly of not quicker than processing their credit card.

I've been thinking of using PP's full service - having them be the credit card processor. However, I haven't been able to find anyone that has made the switch 'cause I've got questions and their email customer support services lacks a lot to begin to even be satisfactory.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/22/06 07:18 PM

Garry,

I thought another seller friend of mine was using Paypal credit card system. I emailed and checked. He isn't. bummer. Thought I would have some first hand information for you.

I have considered using Paypal's merchant services as well. I have my own credit card terminal for my bricks and mortar store. But I don't want to use it for Internet sales.

I get personal checks and money orders in waves. Some weeks most everyone pays with them. Other weeks, almost no one does. Businesses generally issue checks and rarely use Paypal. For the most part, there isn't any rhyme of reason for payment methods. I will say I agree the older buyers generally use money orders or a personal check as they do not have Paypal. Nor do they want to have a Paypal account either

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads