Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 51922 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(addict)
10/23/06 03:01 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Thanks. I am going to have to go home. I stayed home yesterday. And probably should have today. I am going to have to lay down. I am just about shot.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/25/06 04:03 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue

Have you been able to correct your Listing template and the images??

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/25/06 05:28 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: bluepennylady]  

Not ignoring you guys. S**t (root canal) happens (two hours with a rubber dam in my mouth today -- have to go back next week). Will answer soon.
Sue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/25/06 06:24 PM

sue,

Bless your heart. I hope your dentist is as good as mine. I have had several root canals. I honestly never knew he was doing them. I kept waiting and waiting for the bad part and it never came. Finally, I asked him, he is a personal friend, okay Dwaine, when are you going to start this root canal, I am tired of sitting. He laughed and told me he had been doing it.

So I am hoping for a super good dentist for you

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/25/06 09:07 PM

OWIE!!!

Hmmm, wait now, how come you get to have all the fun and we all get to sit here typing our fingers to the bone doing AW2K stuff. No on the other hand you get to sit in the chair in lala land giggling, and watching capt. Kangaroo.

Sounds as if you need to get back to work missy!!

Sue, I'm sorry you had to participate in that wonderful event called a root canal. Hope your dental surgeon was one of those painless guys even though they lie about no pain it sure is better than other possibilities. Get well soon and hang in there. Ummm, one last question were you able to whistle on the drive back honme?

Garry
P.S. - sorry but sometimes I have a truly evil cruel streak that just takes over and there is no controlling it.

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/26/06 03:52 AM

Garry,

I am about to fall out of my chair laughing, "whistle" indeed.

My mind immediately wondered if Sue could whistle Dixie.
So I guess I'll just ask: "Sue, Garry brings up an interesting question. Now I want to know if you can whistle Dixie?"

I didn't say that

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/28/06 01:19 PM

No owie, actually, or at least not much. TMJ pain, as always, but a few jabs with the big needle of Dr. Demento, and I feel nothing. Just lay there watching surfing videos or the Food Network. It's just boring (and very, very expensive). Shoulda had all my teeth pulled when I was sixteen and replaced with fakes. Oh, and no, I wasn't able to whistle and couldn't say Fs.

Anyway..........what were we talking about here? Oh yeah, the image placement puzzle.

The answer to my question #1 is Yes, I am losing my mind. The ongoing auctions/Store items where the images are aligned across the top rather than along the left as I wanted has to be because I changed the template for some other Lot I was getting ready to list and then relisted the auction in question without realizing the template was altered. Have to be more careful about that.

But I still don't know the answer to question #2, how to fix it.

Judy wrote: "Thom checked the listing.....The images are wrapping themselves as they should..... It looks like there are more images than will display across the top in a single line......There are 2 rows in my browser. So the listing template you used aligned the images across the top?"

When I have more than a couple images for something, I will select a template that places the pictures to the left of the text, and I'll space out the lines of the description so that they span the full length of the column of images. The first time #140033864166 was listed, that's how it displayed. But apparently before relisting it, I edited the template for some other Lot to place the pics at the top. Now, I'd just like to revise the auction to align the pics at the left. There must be some little instruction in the source code I could edit. Anyone know how to do this? I already tried adding COLSPAN="2" to the TD (Table Division?) instruction, but it didn't work -- nothing changed.

Thanks, Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/28/06 01:24 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

I viewed this auction in all three browsers, and they all show the pictures at the top of the description, so that's not it. It's the template -- it is set up to place all pics at the top. I would like to know how to revise the HTML of the auction to align the pictures to the LEFT of the description.

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/28/06 01:39 PM

Sue,

I'm glad you are feeling better now. Tooth pain is not fun, Neither is TMJ.

I'll work on it. Garry may know off the top of his head. I can do it but I have to sit down and go through it step by step and write it down. I'll go it later tonight and send you the instructions for doing so.

Right now, well, I am off to a church Fall Party. It is gorgeous outside here today. And the party is outside.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/28/06 01:43 PM

Hi Garry,

I looked at the source code, but either I don't understand what you are saying to change, or it's not what controls image placement. Here's the code where the images are:

(TR)(TD VALIGN="left")(CENTER)
(IMG SRC="http://bellat.pair.com/tic/aw2k/LotImg11052.jpg" BORDER="0" HSPACE="5" VSPACE="5" WIDTH="208" HEIGHT="470") (IMG SRC="http://bellat.pair.com/tic/aw2k/LotImg11051.jpg" BORDER="0" HSPACE="5" VSPACE="5" WIDTH="265" HEIGHT="462") (IMG SRC="http://bellat.pair.com/tic/aw2k/LotImg11049.jpg" BORDER="0" HSPACE="5" VSPACE="5" WIDTH="365" HEIGHT="290") (IMG SRC="http://bellat.pair.com/tic/aw2k/LotImg11050.jpg" BORDER="0" HSPACE="5" VSPACE="5" WIDTH="365" HEIGHT="369")(/CENTER)(/TD)(/TR)

There is only one IMG tag per image, and it's only at the beginning of the image address, and they are all on their own lines. Do you mean to just add line breaks between them? I tried that, and it does prevent them from wrapping -- they are in a single column -- but the description is still below them. And if I change the valign to left instead of center, the pics are in a single column at the left (success of a kind....), but the description is still below them, instead of next to them.

For the sake of this discussion, I left it that way, so you can check it out (#140033864166). It looks pretty dumb, but I don't really care.

Sue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads