Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 52136 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
AquilaStamps
(member)
10/28/06 07:15 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:
You can do it even though we are using the api. Just make sure that you aren't pasting the whole thing in. A portion of HTML that a user has written AND it appears correctly on eBay is a "pasteable" bit of code. In your case you are pasting in something that you know worked before. To be really sure -- you can do edit template and then display without any editing and also making sure that you have the option turned on to use compress HTML settings in the edit template section. Whew now that was confusing huh? But you know what I mean. Thank God for run-on sentences

Go for it - and I hope that auction sells big time for you after all the work you've put into it.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/28/06 07:23 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Seems as if you lost 'cause of interference on the part of your son. Now that's cheating if I ever heard of it. Where in the rule book does it say "pick up mom and move her"??

You should prolly just go and file a rule complaint and if anyone mentions anything you supposedly did that a narrow minded person might possibly construe as cheating -- there is always batting the eyelashes and "fiddle faddle" I don't know about that. Or maybe just call for a rematch and cheat bolder!

Sure sounds as if you had a great time. I was thinking about the cake walks we used to go to when I was a kid. And then I was reminded of the Ice Cream socials we used to have too. Ohhhh the ice cream!

Garry

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/28/06 07:55 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: AquilaStamps]  

There are only a few little differences between the source code of the AW Preview (with the pictures in a column at the left of the description) and that of the original auction (I have a copy of how it was before I started messing with it today). The Preview has a little bit at the top that has the word "transitional" in it (I omitted that); there are two "end tags" at the bottom I didn't use ((/BODY)(/HTML)); and each of the image tags has the code for a line break between them, which of course I kept. Then I pasted in the actual web/host address directly after the first quote mark in each IMG tag, and voila! it worked.

You've done it again Garry! Thanks so much for your help. I promise I won't forget how to do this.

Here's the number again so you can see how it was supposed to look: 140033864166

Sue

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/28/06 08:11 PM
Re: Image placement puzzle new [re: bluepennylady]  

You could fit into that skirt ? ? ? ! ! ! I can't talk to you any more. I wouldn't have been able to fit into that skirt since about age 11. I don't even think they had sizes for women that small in the unthinkably distant past of "my day".

That's my daughter's skirt. I'm her consignment bitch (sorry -- my bad). She's thinner than I ever was. She can't possibly have any of my genes. My other daughter has all my genes, poor thing.

Anyway, yup Garry got me fixed up. All good now. Won't have this problem again, and even if I do, I'll remember the remedy.

Speaking of consignments......tomorrow, when my daughter stops by, we're going to have that talk about teaching someone to fish and feeding them for a lifetime versus just giving them a fish. She needs to learn how to do eBay and how to use AW. Do you guys have friends and relatives who want you to make auctions for them as if it's like snapping your fingers?

Sue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/28/06 09:28 PM

Sue:

Fantastic!! It looks great. I'm glad that you were able to get the auction back to the way you wanted it. I know it's a real pain when you know something isn't exactly the way you wanted it to be and everything seems to revolve around fixing it.

The cut and paste way you did this is a fairly easy way to do a quick fix without having to spend hours in the eBay edit mode. I'm so glad Judy remembered to tell you what I forgot and that was the photo links. Otherwise the photos would have been positioned exactly the way you wanted and the text would have been perfect. But no pix!!

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/29/06 05:16 AM

Sue,

Oh Yeah. that looks really good.

And yes I can fit into it, if it is a size 0. If it is a size 10, it would literally fall down around my ankles. I am really thin. And finding clothing when you are my size is a huge challenge as most stores only carry size 4 and that just doesn't fit me at all. And I get tired of buying clothes, bringing them home, taking the seam ripper to them and completely re-building them to fit.

Yep, I have people call me all of the time wanting me to sell just one thing for them. I have about got my family broke of it. But not friends

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads