Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 35493 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 03:34 PM
New HTML template feature  

Has anyone converted their Listing template to PUre HTML yet??? If you haven't, give it a whirl. It is cool.

Be sure to duplicate your original template and save the copy to another name. Then Convert it. Even if just to see how it works and looks. It is soooooo cooolll!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/01/06 04:17 PM
Re: New HTML template feature new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

KEWL is right. I just converted 3 templates (after renaming them). Once The renaming and other caution work was done the conversion went fine and it is really cool. I like it - I figured why not play with a template and save it and try it out. Since I'm a big spender I thought why not upload one into stores and then end it if I didn't like what I had done or just messed up horribly. Well it worked great.

A lot of my templates had parts written in notepad using HTML and also I had done some in Front Page and did a cut and paste into AW2K.

Now with this great new feature I won't have to do that. One more time Thom and his group have come through with really useful new feature.

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 04:32 PM
Re: New HTML template feature new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

That is exactly what I did. With the HTML template, I could get rid of an annoying line I always wanted to get rid of but never could. Now it is gone. I just started listing all my auctions with it this afternoon.

I have some other things I want to do but I have to work on it. I am absolutely terrible with clickable images. I am going to put my new bluepennylady logo into my listing template and make the logo link back to my eBay store auctions. I got it into the sample one I am playing with. But I have to re-do the image size. It is too small.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/01/06 04:47 PM

Judy:

I know what you mean about annoying little things in the templates. Even with Frontpage there were times when I couldn't get rid of some things.

Sounds as if you got plans - and that's the best part of the new HTML templates. Pretty much anything you want to do you can do.

If you have Frontpage - the clickable image thing works well there. If you do it once you've got the code down pat and it's easy to do after that. Just load frontpage. move in an image and size it to what you want. Right click the image and select HYPERLINK. From there it's real easy and as I said it shows you everything you'll need.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 04:51 PM

Garry,

Geez, Why didn't I think of that. I have FrontPage and DreamWeaver. I have messed and messed with the image. and then writing and writing code trying to get it just the way I want it.

Off to FrontPage.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/01/06 04:59 PM

Judy:

I know exactly what you mean. I've spent countless hours doing something and never get it the way I want it. Then realize there is another way. Oh well.

All I ever do with a clickable if the image isn't the right size is just load the image onto a blank page in FP and do the rest of the stuff and then test the link. If I works then I cut and paste it into note pad (just in case there may be a problem) and then copy and paste it into aw2k. Works like a charm.

Have fun frontpaging and dreamweaving.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 05:30 PM

First I am going to stay by the fireplace until I am beet red.

Then after I unthaw, I am going to drink coffee. Then I may think about links and images.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/01/06 07:02 PM

Judy:
Thawing out needs to be the first order of business. Fire place and hot coffee sound as if they are the beginning of the process. My Grandfather always used to complain of being cold and would have my Grandmother bring him hot hot hot italian coffee. He would then proceed to pick up the spoon - hold it over the coffee upside down and "measure" out some of his alcoholic beverage that he loved (it might have been Amaretto). He said that unless you measured that way the spoons were always too small. Oh yea, he warmed up. It's just a suggestion, but maybe might wanna start with a small spoon. Hmm, might make for some wild HTML templates though.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/01/06 07:05 PM

ummmm, since I can't even take Nyquil without getting completely loopy, I can only imagine what something in my coffee would do [laugh[

Judy/blue

grumpy3b
(newbie)
03/29/07 11:02 AM

Last time I examined this "feature" you completely lose the ability to include images with listings right unless you hard code them into a listing. You know that right? You have to manage those outside aw2k to make use of this "feature".

Better to improve the template manager and/or overhaul the image naming conventions so we can know them up front and add code to our templates using DOM to access each page element and create much more interesting layouts.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads