Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 8275 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Ned
(newbie)
04/19/07 05:11 PM
Pure HTML: eBay Restrictions  

[If this post is old, check eBay's site for current information.]

eBay has some restrictions on your coding. From http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-javascript.htm]:

In reply to:

Not permitted

HTML or JavaScript used to drop or read a cookie on any eBay page

HTML or JavaScript that redirects the user from eBay to another page (such as the "replace" script)

HTML or JavaScript that automatically calls remote scripts and pages (such as JavaScript includes or iframes)

HTML or JavaScript that changes registry entries, or otherwise writes to another's computer hard drive

HTML or JavaScript that creates automatic "pop-ups" (exception - links that open in a new window when clicked on)

HTML or JavaScript that automatically posts to scripts in eBay

HTML or JavaScript that automatically loads any binary program on another's computer (exception - Flash content)

HTML or JavaScript that automatically overwrites any area on the listing outside of the item description area

Manipulation of areas outside the listing description, including changing fonts, colors, backgrounds, etc. in areas such as eBay headers, footers, etc.

Ned

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/19/07 05:39 PM
Re: Pure HTML: eBay Restrictions new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

I'm lost (which isn't unusual ) Did someone post about eBay HTML and Java restrictions?

Judy/blue

Ned
(newbie)
04/19/07 05:48 PM
Re: Pure HTML: eBay Restrictions new [re: bluepennylady]  

I did.

As I start working with HTML in AW2K, I'm finding things that may be of interest to others.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/19/07 07:41 PM
Re: Pure HTML: eBay Restrictions new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Got it. I'm slow tonight

Yes eBay does have their own list of restrictions when using HTML or Java. Overstock has a list as well. You can't even have a background image outside of the Frame at Overstock. I guess each site has their own list of do's and don'ts.

But even with the restrictions, you can still build a really nice HTML listing template. Especially if you know what you are doing

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads