Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 26602 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ShopThisWay
(Unregistered)
11/11/02 06:22 PM
Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please!  

As much as I dread learning new software, I dread continuing to use SAP even more, so I've decided to take the plunge and try to get this down for once and for all! I really like what I've read about AW, and I'm looking forward to the day when using it has become second nature.

But meanwhile..

I have previously spent hours creating my own auction templates, and would like to continue to use them. I read what I've found on the boards here about using my own HTML, and I read the help files. I have cleared the "Listing Template" field so it is blank, and I have copied my code from Front Page into Notepad so that it is all black, and then copied it into the Description box.

BTW - I just use Front Page to view the color coding it uses, I write all my code by 'hand', because I've heard that Front Page will add extraneous code that eBay doesn't play well with. Plus, there's the dreaded learning curve with Front Page too ha ha.

A few Q's -

1. How do I then see a preview?

2. Can I save the template in AW somehow, or do I just go about things as I do now (have all my templates saved as .htm files, fill them in and copy them into AW...)

I appreciate your help, I started trying this program about 4 months ago, then gave up because of the dreaded learning curve, but I really want to start selling again, so bear with me!

Thanks!

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
11/12/02 11:46 AM
Re: Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please! new [re: ShopThisWay]  

1. You can only preview listings that use Listing Templates. You'll have to preview your HTML code in your web browser before you place it into the Description field on your Auction Lots.

2. Listings made entirely from HTML code cannot be saved as templates. Go about it the way you do now (copy your HTML code into the Description field on your Auction Lots).

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/17/02 10:05 AM
Re: Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please! new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Are there any plans to allow HTML in AW2000?

ShopThisWay
(Unregistered)
11/17/02 01:33 PM
Re: Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please! new [re: Anonymous]  

Thanks for the answer, I'll work with it some more maybe tonight.

Yes, to echo the other poster - are there any plans to allow HTML?

Thanks!

chinacat
(stranger )
11/17/02 03:53 PM
Re: Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please! new [re: ShopThisWay]  

You can use html now. Just paste your html into the description box and don't select a template. That's how I do all my auctions.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/30/02 06:19 PM
Re: Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please! new [re: chinacat]  

If you do it like that won't all that be visible in the web page also?

chinacat
(stranger )
12/01/02 02:14 PM

All what? If you mean the actual html code, then no.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/14/02 11:15 AM
Re: Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please! new [re: AuctionWizard]  

If you want to use your own HTML as the basis for a template, you can modify an existing template using any HTML editor. To do this, you will need to have a program to access the HtmlTemplates.DB file, which is in a Paradox format. MS-Access will do this and there are many freeware products that will let you get at the .DB file as well. Just be careful not to mess with anything else.

In this file, there is a memo field that contains the template in plain text. You can copy the HTML and edit in in your favorite editor, then just patse it back in ... an volia! This works really well for inserting scripts that need to be in the <HEAD> section of the template.

Enjoy !

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
02/16/03 06:10 PM

Hi! I could not open this file with MS Access! Suggestions?

magicka
(stranger )
03/01/03 00:23 AM

being able to edit and post in html would be great - its one main drawback.
also why not just have a template that can be edited instead of having to hack one out of a .db file.
possible to include an editable/customizable template?
thanks!

Tradeguy
(newbie)
03/01/03 09:05 AM
Re: Using HTML instead of Templates - Help Please! new [re: magicka]  

What do you mean by editable templates? I only use custom templates now...so I'm not sure what ya mean.

Rich

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads