Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 5953 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

astor
(stranger )
09/07/07 06:39 PM
TEMPLATE MIGRAINE  

Hi all - newbie here - My time has been limited, so I'm only up to my first listing.
Couple of questions...
1. Are there pix somewhere of the listing templates or do I have to look at each one, print sample etc.?
2. I'm getting a migraine starting from scratch...would it be better to just use my old templates from Turbo Lister...in other words, do my listings the old way and then just upload them to AW2. Seems like it would be twice the work and defeat my purpose of starting this season clean with AW2, but it seems to be taking awhile to get the hang of the aw2 templates/listings etc.

opinions?? advice??

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/07/07 07:36 PM
Re: TEMPLATE MIGRAINE new [re: astor]  

HI,

No worries. You'll get the hang of editing a Listing template in nothing flat. I promise. Once you get the hang of editing a Listing template, you'll be a speedy gonzales. Plus it helps you to be able to edit your eBay Store themes, headers, etc. And you still have plenty of time to get everything up and running prior to the Holiday season.

Let me see if I can help a bit.

Images are automatically displayed in the Listing template according to the settings you select when editing the template. If you look at the "Page Properties" for a Listing template, you will see on the right hand side that you can select to have images displayed on the top, bottom, right side or the left side. And you can select to have the description aligned at the top, center or bottom.

Images are displayed within the Listing template in the order you add the images to the Inventory Item or Auction lot. So once you add an image to an Inventory Item or Auction lot in AW2000, you don't have to do anything again. AW2K manages the images for you. Uploads them to your web space and then deletes them when they are no longer needed.

When I set up someone, I always recommend they just go cold turkey and start using AW2K. It is twice the work to list with Turbo Lister or anything else for that matter, then import, generate invoices, etc. Remember, setup with any new software is always the hardest part. You are not familiar with the work flow, terminology, Just where everything is located.

What Listing template are you looking at and I'll see if I can help you get it edited?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads