Configuration
   >> HTML Templates
Thread views: 9625 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jjewels
(stranger )
01/20/03 08:07 PM
Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates  

I am doing my own template & have pasted my previous template into the description---works great! But when I preview, there's are huge spaces between the top of the auction & the bottom. I tried what someone suggested, making sure that there aren't any hidden spaces in the Header & Footer fields. Will these spaces disappear when I list them on ebay? I've read that the Header & Footer fields are optional, so I'm hoping that my listing won't have these big spaces in them when I finally list them.
Thanks!! I'm getting ready to launch my 1st auctions with AW!
Julie

rodgw
(Unregistered)
01/21/03 07:44 AM
Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates new [re: jjewels]  

I would say - list it. But than I'm usually one who shoots from the hip. Depending on your openning bid amount and other auction listing options you've chosen. If yours is a simple add, it will cost you $.30 cents to find out. If it doesn't look right you can cancel the auction right away and make changes.
The other thing, too, is if it doesn't look right. Come back to this board and let us know the auction ID#. Someone, who is a lot smarter than me, can go look at the source and very possibly tell you what you will need to do to fix it.

ceed19
(Unregistered)
02/02/03 08:24 AM

I get the same problem, I have my own templates which work well, AW2k butchers the with its template settings, which is very annoying because you have to sue a template to make the gallery images work.

I have to not use a template then I have t manually go through and revise every auction to add the gallery image.

WHy does Aw2k have to use a template in order to list a gallery image?

crazzydeals
(stranger )
03/10/03 10:43 PM

Do you have any html in there?
If you have html with a
<BR>
and then a space on the line below.
AW converts teh space into a <BR> That you cant see and you get 2 of them.

That is probly where all the white space is coming from.
I use to html all my listing before I got AW and now I use very little. AW turns simple txt into html for you and it is so much easier.

fredallen
(stranger )
03/31/03 06:44 AM
Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates new [re: crazzydeals]  

AW's ability to download old ebay auctions and create templates, including the html, is a great feature. It's spoiled, however, by this spacing problem. Not only does it insert spaces vertically, but, what's worse, it does not truncate multiple spaces in a line.

Every html interpreter I have seen changes multiple spaces into one space.

Almost all of my auctions have these multiple spaces, usually at a line break, where the html text is on two or more lines.

It would be a big help if AW's html interpreter could be standardized. As it is, what should be an excellent feature is almost worthless to me, since I have to recreate all my auctions anyway.

I just put up an auction to see if the spaces disappear when it goes up on ebay, but they are still there. See http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1143&item=3511023293

for the sample auction I put up.

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
03/31/03 08:40 AM
Re: Large Spaces In Preview ofTemplates new [re: fredallen]  

Hi -

Where are you putting your HTML code? I'm guessing you're putting it in the description area - which really just handles text. Instead, you should try to cut and paste your HTML into an HTML component section of an HTML template. There you will find that AW2K works just like any other HTML interpreter and will translate your code explicitly.

The problem is that the description area is meant to be an easy non-html thing that takes regular typed text and adds whatever html is needed. It's a lot like trying to create HTML in Word - all the code is created automatically, and it's not always accurate - and you can't even attempt to add straight HTML unless you want to use a secondary editor. I guess I gotta give AW2K some credit that they allow any HTML at all in the description.

I had a lot of html to convert for AW2K. What I did was leave the description area for the general description of the specific item - just text. All of the other stuff - mostly repetitive policy and shipping info - was all put into a custom template with lots of html (I use a lot of tables for formatting).

As for the AW2K import feature...well...it didn't do anything useful for me.

Hope that helps!
Rich

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads