Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 8864 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Jim Hill
(Unregistered)
06/19/03 01:13 PM
New to this program.  

I just downloaded the program and am starting to learn it.

I have been using SAP but it is not easy to learn so I am trying something else.

Would you say this program as the same learning curve as the one above?

I also have my listings done in html and I was wondering if I can just copy and paste them into the template or is there something else I would have to do first.

Well I am going to try and read as many of the posts on this board as I can to try and get a feel for this program.

Any hints you might have for a new person would be great.

Thanks for the chance to try out this program.

Jim Hill

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
06/19/03 04:30 PM
Re: New to this program. new [re: Jim Hill]  

Hi Jim -

There definately is a learning curve to AW2K - be patient with it, and follow the directions. I also setup and ran 4 or 5 auctions simultaneously with my old system just to see how AW2K did things. Until I listed - updated - generated emails, invoices, and shipping labels, and then posted feedback for several auctions, I really didn't undertand the "flow" of AW2K.

Okay...my advice about html templates. I also had all my auctions in HTML, and had been using Turbo Lister. Importing (imho) was not very effective - for me, it was a real mess. I finally redid all my auctions using AW2K templates - took a few days, and I had to figure out why AW2K templates have all those different sections ;-) A bit of trial and error, and a lot of time, and now I simply love how AW2K templates handle things. I can create a new auction and store item in just minutes, and I know that all the "standard" text will be perfect every time. Once I create that inventory item, creating auctions is extremely easy (at least for me - I sell the same items again and again).

Hope this rambling helps ;-)

Good luck!
Rich

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/26/04 00:55 AM
Re: New to this program. new [re: Tradeguy]  

Hello,

Do you mean that when you re-created your ads you didn't use html? I am in the same situation as you were and I'm interested to know the steps you took. It will save me much time and energy.

I appreciate your help on this.

Regards,

Stelios

Tradeguy
(member)
01/26/04 09:03 AM
Re: New to this program. new [re: Anonymous]  

Hi Stelios -

No, I did use HTML - I just "convered" everything to use the AW2K templates - and made whatever adjustments I needed to the basic layout.

Allow AW2K to place your picture(s), and allow AW2K to put your text description into the description portion of your item record and allow the template to handle it. Add additional HTML components to the template to fill in the remainder of your "standard" text and layout (such as terms and whatever else you use in every auction). The real trial and error was to make the end result look like what I had been doing before AW2K.

Once all that work was done, I could now copy my custom template and make additional templates (with different colors and backgrounds) and use them over and over again for many different auctions. In the end I had about 40 templates for 225 items - but I could of just as easily settled on 1-4 templates (I just like having different looks for different types of products).

Creating new auctions is now a total breeze. I just select an appropriate template, add my dscription and picture, and I'm done. If I feel the need, I can also copy any custom template and make a new one with miinor changes as needed.

Hope that helps!
Rich

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/28/04 03:15 AM
Re: New to this program. new [re: Tradeguy]  

Hello Rich,

Thanks so much. Your input is going to help me a lot. I think once you have AW2K set up life is going to be much easier for almost everything. The configuration is the hard part and now it seems like a mountain but I'm gonna master it sooner or later. Again, thanks for your help.

Stelios

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads