Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 12634 *Threaded Mode

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/07/06 06:55 AM
How to Use Pay Pal in Templets  

I am really new both to Ebay & currently using Turbo Listor and Ebay Checkout to do the magic. It's a little clunky but managable, however after the fact accounting is useless. Evaluating AW2K and it looks great so far, although working through the tutorial/setup I almost died when I hit the FTP area.

My auditions are real straight forward. I ship either UPS or USPS Priority Mail. I ONLY accept payment through PAY PAL. I'm trying to setup my email templets and can't for the life of me figure out how to handle the PAY PAL issue in AW2K. Is there some insert field/setup that I can use to direct my buyer to click that will take them to the PAY NOW page or something like what is sent to the buyer when I create their invoice in Ebay's checkout process?
I am new, confused, and need specifics or AW2K won't work for me. HELP!

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/07/06 07:14 AM
Re: How to Use Pay Pal in Templets new [re: seespotrun4you]  

Hi:
Once you get over the ton of different things that can be done in aw2k you will fall totally in love with it. I realize that at first it is a little overwhelming. However, take it a step at a time and ask questions as you have done and before long you will be a pro. Remember all of us had to start someplace. To answer your PayPal question. There are two ways to do this. The first way is to log onto your PayPal account and navigate your way to your preferences. Then go to auctions, eBay (that's about all PayPal talks about now since eBay purchased it). And once there you will find a selection where PayPal will insert it's logo and payment option into each of your auctions automatically. That is the fastest and easiest way. When they do that there will be a PayPal button there and when the PURCHASER clicks it they will be taken to the PayPal page for that particular auction by you.

The other way is while you are in your PayPal account you will find a choice to get HTML to insert your own logo for PayPal. The difference is that by using this you can place the PayPal button exactly where you want it. If you do decide to go that route then:
click the option to get your own HTML
once it is displayed higlight it and copy it (Contol+C) will copy it or right click the hilighted area and click on copy

Open Notepad and paste it in there just so you have access to it later on. Save it if you wish as paypal for auctions or something of the sort

Open your template in Auction Wizard - do that the easy way by finding an auction with the template and click on (at the bottom) edit template.

A new window opens and on the left you should see something like HTML CODE 1.

Click on that

on the right side of the screen you will see the HTML for that particular template. Read through it as best you can and find the place where you wish to have your PayPal logo placed.

Put your cursor there and hit the enter key a couple of times to give some space to see and work in. Go to the notepad and select all of the code you got from paypal and copy it then go back to the auction wizard page and click on the blank spot you created and PASTE in the PayPal code.

You should be done and ready to go with the PayPal payment button on your auctions. Once it is done and you are happy with it just remember that you will need to do it to all of the temlates you have made. That is also another good reason to save the HTML from PayPal so that you can use it again without having to log back onto PayPal.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't help, just get back here and drop another message on the board and someone will be able to give you more information. If I can help anymore about this then also just say so and we can try again with better directions.

Good luck with your auctions - and as I said earlier you're gonna really fall in love with this way of doing auctions and wonder how you ever got along without it.

Garry

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/07/06 08:09 AM
Re: How to Use Pay Pal in Templets new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry-
Thanks for the help. Okay I'm practically brain dead from political ads, so bear with me while I try to sort this out. I went to Pay Pal/Auction Accounts and "Auto Logo Insertion", "Customize End of Auction Email", and "Pal Pal Preferred on Ebay" are all turned on. So this means the Pay Pal Logo and Pay Pal Preferred will automatically appear on my auction listings...right? Now, having that turned on, after the auction ends does it automatically change to a PAY NOW WITH PAY PAL button that the purchaser clicks on to make payment?

I also found the HTML code on Pay Pal that you recommend pasting into my listing templates, one of which does flip into a pay now button automatically at the end of the auction. So that would work great too. In my listing templates.

What I originally was asking is how to customize my AW2K email templates that I'm sending to my buyer. I think those have to be plain text, without HTML. So in my email to the winning buyer, do I just refer them to the listing page on Ebay, or is there something I can include in the email template that they click on that will take them directly to the the audition listing page on Ebay? Hope that's clear, I just want to make it easy and straight forward to my buyer so they don't get as confused as I am.

Vote for the other guy, whoever that is!

Michael

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/07/06 08:19 AM

MIchael,

YOu can insert Paypal PayNow URL links into your AW2K Total amount due Invoices that are auto completed using the information from the buyer's invoice. The payment would then contain the Invoice number, which makes it real easy to find the buyer's invoice and the total amount due. All the buyer does is hit Submit and continue. My buyer's love it.

If that is what you are talking about, I will be happy to send you the instructions for creating a Paypal PayNow URL link and inserting it into your AW2K Invoices. AND--that link can be edited and the amount altered if a buyer makes a partial payment and you need to bill the buyer for the balance due. I can show you how. We do it all of the time.

Judy/blue

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/07/06 08:37 AM
Re: How to Use Pay Pal in Templets new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy-
I'm pretty sure that's what I'm talking about. To be able to create an email template that will send my invoice to the buyer, with the shipping/handling/insurance stuff automatically computed and totaled and with SOMETHING included that will direct the buyer to where they PAY NOW. Like what I'm doing through Ebay now.

If I can lick this, AW2K is my package because I hate tracking and emailing manually like I have to do now via Ebay. So yes, please walk me through this ... gently please, I'm still a 55-year old Ebay virgin and easily confused by how complex AW2K is for the beginner. Thanks.

Michael

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/07/06 08:46 AM

Michael,

I understand completely. I have an over 50 mind that needs careful attention on some days

Do you have Microsoft Word on your computer? If you do, you can email me directly at info@pennyworthsales.com and I will send you the step by step document as an attachment.

Once you get into AW2K, you will not be sorry you have changed. I also tried using My eBay to manage my auctions, way back when and it didn't work worth a hoot.

I will be most happy to help you. I have several other new users I have been working helping. So don't hesitate to email or post. I will be happy to help you.

Judy/blue

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/07/06 09:03 AM
Re: How to Use Pay Pal in Templets new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy-
Thanks so much. I will email you directly.

When I was checking out auction managers I found listed in the book, "Tricks of the Ebay Masters," I was bowled over by AW2K's apparent completeness, not nickel & diming the user, and the fantastic support system that is in place. Yes, I scourged the forums before even downloading the also incredible 60-day trial software. Call me tipped over with happiness when I get this working!

Michael

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/07/06 10:09 AM

MIchael.

several users found AW2000 in that book.

I will look forward to hearing from you!

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads