Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 86462 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(addict)
11/08/06 01:45 PM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s [re: freqz]  

John,

Templates can be edited and HTML code added as well as hyperlinks by using the HTML editor and adding a Page component of type HTML or hyperlink or whatever is applicable.

Now I am unsure about the scrolling store display. But I can certainly check on that for you and see. I have not seen the code so I don't know for sure about it. But for the most part, if you have the HTML code, it can be added. You can even build tables in FrontPage or Dreamweaver and add those tables into a Listing template.

As far as clickable images, I do not know if any plans are in the works or not. I'll ask though and let you know.

Judy/blue

freqz
(stranger )
11/08/06 02:03 PM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s [re: bluepennylady]  

Yes, please see what you can find out on the clickable images. I'm kinda suprised that it has not been addressed already.

I'm gonna play with this more tonight when I get home, to get a better feel for everything and just do a trial setup etc. I figure it'll take a few hours to get settled in with everything. If only the option of the "click to enlarge" pictures was an option, that would make the purchase so much easier. wink wink... hint hint..

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/08/06 02:08 PM

John,

Should you find you need help with the setup, let me know. Although, I will be in and out this evening, I will be around and can help you. If you find email is easier to work with during setup, don't hesitate to email. I truly don't mind.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/08/06 03:24 PM

John,

There are no plans to implement clickable thumbnail images at this time. I double checked about the HTML code for the scrolling store display. If you have the code, it can be added. I knew that was right And I do not know about any workaround for clickable thumbnail images.

Of course, keep in mind you can change the image settings in AW2K to display smaller or larger images if you so choose. You can also select the JPEG image output quality.

I think if you will set up a listing template, you will find images display quite well. There are several users migrating from SOLD! and Auctiva to AW2K. And they are finding AW2K to be just the ticket for managing auctions.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/08/06 04:49 PM

Hi:
I can understand you feel that the Clickable Image is important to your way of being able to list auctions. The multiple images to show detail is important especially when asking people to sort of figure out what they are buying. It's a great way to make sure they really look at what you are selling.

I've had times where that function would come in handy. However, ever since I've used AW2K (2002) I have always had a structured way to do images. Now this doesn't mean that anyone has to have a structured way I just mean that there is a pretty good way to give the detail and not use clickable images. In the set up for AW2K there is a tab under Program Options called General. On the right side there is a small setup section for images. I played around with different settings and finally settled on 500 x 500 size for each image (unless it is smaller originally). Then I crop each image to exactly what I want shown on the page with nothing extra around the edges. Each image is at 100 DPI and a JPG. I set AW2K to keep JPG output quality at the highest.

When I display images that might have been a clickable image I make sure they are listed in the template at the TOP and that way all of the images are above text and not running down the side of the page.

This way each image shows the bidder exactly what I want them to see. They can see the detail of a small image and I don't let something slip through that might be a huge image and take up a whole page.

None of this may help I'm not sure. But my best advice is to play around with the program with some of the images you have already used. There are a couple of basic templates that come with the program and one is images on top.

You will find that this program will make your auction life so much better. It is truly a fully self contained auction management tool. You are right in coming up with a new email address for your auctions. That will make life lots easier. With AW2K there are many problems that suddenly disappear when doing auctions. There are now no lost files, and no way that you can end up forgetting an invoice. What I really like most of all is that my images are always under my control and that I don't have to wait on someone else and their server to hold my auction information. All of it is under the users control on their computer. This way there are no fees to another provider that often does not provide anything.

Hope I've maybe been able to help a bit. Enjoy your tinkering with the program.

Garry

freqz
(stranger )
11/08/06 07:47 PM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s [re: AquilaStamps]  

Great input. Now a few hours ago I was presented with a very good oppertunity and I'm wondering just how AW2K may help with this.

Here is a quick overview.
53 Foot semi trailer filled with everything under the sun. Now I would say 75% of this will be sold on Ebay and the other 25% would be shipped overseas. ( All computer equipment )

What I would like to do and any help on this would be great. I would like to be able to take pictures and at least collect the basic information at to what it is, Say in the title, and also collect the weight, and what ever "right now" information I can gather, and move onto the next item and so on. Of course marking each item with a inventory number to keep track. Remember time on the job is money and this must be done very fast.

I would like to be able to do this on my laptop on the site, But then be able to come home and finish collecting the information and start listing, BUT on my Home computer. AS WELL as be able to take my information to my office and also work from there as well.

Now how can I sucessfully do this ?

Can I install this onto a 1 Gig USB flash drive ? Can I set AW2k to pull it's complete database say off the flash drive?

Also any ideas on getting pictures onto the laptop directly into the inventory super fast ??

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/08/06 09:16 PM

John,

Well now a 53 foot semi trailer of computer equipment, is a lot of equipment. Especially is the semi trailer is well cubed when loaded instead of just single pallet stacked. That's a lot of "stuff"

I'll have to tell you what I tell my college classes---there is not a magic wand to wave over product. Images must be taken, good accuate descriptions, Auction title lines must be written. There is not a shortcut. The software you use for management is what saves you time and money and keeps you organized before and after the Auction.

AW2K used correctly has the ability to generate Inventory Item numbers. Once you set up the software and understand how it works, you can move databases between computers. But the work you are wanting to do you might be better off to use Go to MYPC.com and access AW2K on your home computer via the laptop from the jobsite. Although since you are not drop shipping the product, storage will be a problem as the computer equipment cannot be stored for any length of time in a semi trailer. Temperature factors as I am sure you are aware of can ruin computer components not to mention the moisture factor.

There are a hundred methods for doing what you want to do. And the method will depend on the location of the product in proximity to your home, condition of product, the equipment you have access to on location as well as other various factors.

In short AW2K is quite capable of dealing with unlimited Inventory items and handling unlimited auctions as well as Invoicing. I have over 5000 Inventory Items in my database right now and it is continually growing.

Once you start working the product out, you will more than likely change your method more than once to become more efficient.

Judy/blue

freqz
(stranger )
11/08/06 09:58 PM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s [re: bluepennylady]  

yes, full trailer loaded... this is actually the second one so I know what to expect this time. We combined 15 and 17 inch monitors and sold those off overseas in a 40' container :-) I'm basically a computer broker.. what you want I will get. But now I've made a few new business partners and I'm getting alot more then just monitors now and well, ebay is the thing to move it ... Otherwise I'm only getting about .18 cents a LB does not really pay to scrap it out...

But I'm going to get this thing set up here, and I'll purchase this program as soon as I'm tested up here and configured.

So, Back to the program itself, Now will I have to install this on my laptop,home computer, and work computer, and then point to the database elsewhere ?

freqz
(stranger )
11/08/06 10:17 PM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s new [re: bluepennylady]  

It's getting late here for me.. 1am ... EST. But time is of value. see we pick this stuff up, and deliver it to a Offsite warehouse, unload it and sort it. So time is everything when were talking 250.00 an hour for the truck and driver.

What I'd like to do would be, I guess you could call it "short hand inventory" Take pictures, item description, and enter that into inventory. Then when I get time go back into the inventory and finish up on the description. If it can work that way ?

Again, I'm sorry for all the questions, and I have not really played with anything yet. Too many things going on here at once and not enough time in the day. A good for instance today we did a job, and due to the strict regulations we could only load 36 computer to a pallet. well, normally we stack 60 -80 on one. I have 650 being picked up friday morning. The fun never ends, and last friday I loaded a 40' overseas container with 909 17" monitors....

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 05:00 AM

John,

I don't know who you are using for moving freight but no one charges $250.00 an hour. so they are ripping you off. All trucking companies move freight based on mileage + Fuel surcharges. Detainment fees for any trucking company run in the $50.00 hour detainment not $250.00.

Thought you should know. I move freight and make trucking arrangements almost every week.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads