Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 86122 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 11:01 AM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s new [re: bluepennylady]  

I've just scratched the marketblast idea and just uninstalled it from my computer here. Looks good but lacking alot of features. Inventory section there is very bad.

looks like AW2K 99% now.

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 11:04 AM

Ok, back to the license part. If purchase 2 licenses, is there a networking version of the software that I will receive ? From what I've described as to what I wanted to do using the laptop for inventory and the home computer for everything else, by purchasing 1 license for each computer how will it work for me to do what I want ?

Edited by freqz on 11/09/06 11:15 AM (server time).

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 11:19 AM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s new [re: freqz]  

Hi,

There is not a network version. There is a configuration utility integrated into AW2000 that you run and setup for a network environment. I would strongly suggest you purchase a router especially if you are using DSL etc.

Assign one of the computers as the server and the other as a client or workstation. The network utility in AW2000 is a peer to peer network.

Judy/blue

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 11:30 AM

I'm set up with cable 15meg down 1 meg up. router, wireless, and a 20 port switch... I can handle a network environment.

So I set up the main computer as a server, and then my laptop would be the client. understandable.

But, while I take the client "off-site" "off-network" and make changes will it sync. with the server ( Server being untouched or updated) and update with the information from the laptop ?

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 11:45 AM

Hi,

No that is not the manner in which the database works. You would be better off to use Go to My Pc.com to access the server with your laptop from the site.

Judy/blue

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 11:54 AM

This really is not an option for me, Otherwise a freesolution would be realVNC. com .

Problem is where the warehouse is I do not have any direct connection to the web. Wireless and cellphones also do not work inside the building as well. have to go outside to get a cell signal.

So basically 2 licenses or not, I cannot work on a laptop off site and then transfer my databse to my main computer ?

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 12:01 PM

Hi,

Rather than doing that since you are going to have to do the work at home anyway, why don't you simply create an Excel spreadsheet inventory of your product. Take images in same order that product is listed in the excel spreadsheet. Each day create a new spreadsheet for what you are working on. Go home, save as CSV and import the thing into AW2K creating Inventory Items only. Add the images and add the full description. Then you don't have to worry about overwriting the database.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 12:07 PM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s new [re: windquest]  

HI Alex,

Thanks for posting about migrating from SOLD! to AW2K. That is so cool! And I am with you 100%. You and me, well, we just love those reports

Judy/blue

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 12:14 PM

And only have to buy one license :-)

Didn't know about the importing options for inventory. Guess I'll have to brush up on my Excel skills.

How many fields can be used during the inport? Any certain way they must be listed or sorted out by ?

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/09/06 12:21 PM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s new [re: windquest]  

Alex:
You are so right about how fast the whole system is even with a lot of pictures. It is a breeze putting together an auction or an inventory item. You mentioned reports being customizable - I've been able to use them also and have adjusted everything to where the Reports tell me everything I need to know.

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads