Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 86466 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 05:06 AM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s new [re: freqz]  

John,

I forgot to respond to the licensing question. If you use AW2K on your laptop, home computer and work computer, then yes you must purchase a license for each computer.

Judy/blue

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 05:29 AM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s new [re: bluepennylady]  

AS for the Licensing, I see it's for each computer on the network. Well technically I'm not going to be using them on a network or using more then 1 instance of the program open at once. My laptop is not on a network here. I transfer infromation via, USB flash drive. I can live with starting my inventory off on my laptop but It would make things alot easier to finish and list them on my personal home computer. So I don't see that the licensing for "each networked" computer would apply. Maybe I'm wrong? I could see how it would apply to a company or persons using this on a network and if that was my situation I could understand.

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 05:33 AM

right, I beleive the truck was 50.00 an hour, I was including also dock fees,Hi-Lo, and workers. As for moving freight, I'm not sure what state you are in, but I've found the "Mid-States Express" is VERY VERY cheap on freight, then BAX Global, Both good for single skid rates, On trucking full loads, You can usually work out a nice low rate with Roadway.

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 07:40 AM

John,

Licensing is not for each computer in a network. The licensing is for every copy of AW2K that you install on a computer. If you install AW2K on 3 computers, you must purchase 3 licenses.

Making the type of database changes you are wanting to make in the computer configuration you are using is not practical and will not work well. As the flash drive copy from the laptop will overwrite the changes made on the Home computer or visa versa. AW2K backup is not like an "Accountant copy" in QuikBooks. It is an actual copy of the entire database.

Judy/blue

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 08:25 AM

Ok, this is what I was going by on the purchase page.
Auction Wizard 2000 costs US$75.00 per license for the first year and US$50.00 renewal per license each year afterward. Each computer on a network requires a separate license, and each license requires annual renewal.

Now, I do understand what you saying about copy from laptop and overwriting onto the desktop, Vise-Versa. I would be more then happy if I could do just that.

ie. Offsite, use my laptop to enter inventory items. Back home take database and update and overwrite home computer.

Now during next offsite inventory listing, just basically add the step, first, copy database onto flash, overwrite onto laptop, Enter inventory, and then copy flash back to home computer and overwrite database.

See where I'm going ?? I'm not looking to run 2 programs at once.. technically it's one at a different time.

I do uynderstand running on laptop and home computer at same times entering data would require network and a shared database file. I'm not wanting to do that.

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 09:57 AM

John,

I have pasted in the Licensing agreement that is in the Help file for you.

This User License Agreement permits you to: (a) install and use one (1) copy of the Software on a single computer; and (b) install the Software on another computer only if you change your main workstation. In this case, you must uninstall the Software from the computer on which it was previously installed.

Just keep in mind that you will be overwriting work using the backup and restoring. So any successfully ended auctions from that day would be erased using the backup from the laptop that does not contain the days auctions.

Judy/blue

windquest
(newbie)
11/09/06 10:16 AM

Hi

As a Sold etc. user for 8 years I tried AW2K for about six weeks and bought it. It does everything sold did and more. I can make up a new inventory item with multiple pictures must faster also. The reports are awesome also and highly customizable. The only thing it doesn't do that Sold did is it does not have any support for snipes or any buying features. The support is excellent and I enjoy the forums which we didn't have on Sold the last year or so.

Alex

freqz
(stranger )
11/09/06 10:45 AM

Ok, I've played a little around with AW2K and one thing I can say is pretty fast. Documented information is a little lacking but nothing to bad that I can't figure out, And if not what a great support site here.

I did however download and give MarketBlast a try. I kinda liked it, but one thing I noticed was the program itself drawing the pages was extremely SLOW. nice looking interface, and it downloaded all the buyer information etc. ( Which I don't beleive AW2K will do) or will it ? Automatic gathering of information directly from ebay or off Paypal ( PAYPAL API ) ??

so now 75% AW2K and 25% marketblast

Being you've beta tested and probably know, what are your thoughts vs. the 2 programs ??

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 10:50 AM

John,

Extracting the Paypal payments is not without errors. The extraction is done via the Auction id number. If you have store items the software cannot tell which Invoice the paymentn belongs to.

All buyer information, Payments, ship via can be extracted via email.

My thoughts, I am an AW2K user and will remain so. My entire business is successfully built on the AW2K platform. I found the software I wanted to use and made company changes so everything went smoothly.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/09/06 10:52 AM
Re: Thinking about purchasing but have a few ?'s [re: bluepennylady]  

Also

MarketBlast is solely eBay auction venue. YOu are unable to list on other Auction venues greatly reducing your exposure.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads