Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 7043 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

new usr1
(Unregistered)
12/02/06 06:54 PM
Some Questions before I buy  

Hey guys!

I'm sorry if some questions I ask are already answered somewhere, I just really dont have the time too comb the forum over....

I trying to decide between this and blackthrone like another user in here and had some quick questions to help me take me final choice!

1. does AW2k allow the use of html and not using the FTP function for images? I have them separately hosted and would just like to add them manually in html code...

2. When you create a "template" do you have to choose a pre set price and gallery image?

3. How does AW2k access ebay to list these items?

4. How often would you say there are "errors" or "failures"

As soon as some kind soul could answer these I'll buy whichever...

Once again Im sorry if these have been asked/answered but I have so little time on my hands I was only able to make this post because a client of mine was running late...

Thanks!

bluepennylady
(addict)
12/02/06 08:01 PM
Re: Some Questions before I buy new [re: new usr1]  

Hi,

well if you are asking which software to use, AW2K is the best choice

Let me preface this by telling you I do a lot of Beta testing and software evaluation.

I did Beta testing with Blackthorne and used it for evaluation. The user interface is not good. Inventory control was horrible at best. Combing winning auctions from other Auction venues is impossible. So you are stuck selling on eBay only. The email integration was poor and I personally did not like the manner in which templates were dealt with.

AW2K has the ability to create Pure HTML templates. Look in the Help file index in the HTML templates.

You can host your images anywhere you want. My images are hosted at pair.com but I use AW2K to upload and maintain my images on my web space. I believe once you use AW2K for complete auction management, you will find it is much easier and efficient to allow AW2K to manage your images for you.

When you choose a Listing template, that is all it is. Just a listing template. You decide font, color, borders, image alignment. The price for your item is determined by you when you create an Auction. The template is nothing more than the "pretty setting "in which the description is displayed in order to give all your auctions a consistent look.

You also decide when and if you want to display a gallery image. YOu can have gallery images on every auction. No auctions or just some auctions.

AW2K accesses eBay via their API. No password is supplied to AW2K. You authorize AW2K to communicate on your behalf with eBay just like you do Omniture or Andale or Square Trade.

Errors, what errors Honestly, errors are not that often. but I promise you this, if you have a problem the AW2K tech support is unsurpassed. Thom is prompt, thorough and just the best tech around. And he can fix anything if there is a problem.

I hope I have helped you! In my opinion, Aw2K is the way to go. I have tried them all. Kyozo, Channel Max, Meridan, Marketworks, Blackthorne, Etc, etc. And you know what, I am still using AW2K.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads