Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 13387 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

katzmeow
(stranger )
06/18/07 05:27 PM
Introduction - email troubles  

Hi,

I'm totally new to this but trying. I have a yahoo plus mail account and can not get it set up. I can receive messages but can not send them. I have tried both the recommended port 25 and port 465 that Yahoo lists for smtp. I have checked authentication. I have followed the directions as perfectly as I can see but can not send messages. I have never tried to set up any mail accounts before so may be missing something you guys all know about. Help Please.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/18/07 07:49 PM
Re: Introduction - email troubles new [re: katzmeow]  

HI,

Welcome!!! Glad to help if I can.

Do you have a yahoo account that supports POP3 and SMTP? NOt all the Yahoo email accounts support that type of email. so if your yahoo email account is free, you will most likely need to upgrade to an account which supports the PO3 and SMTP.

Does that help??

Judy/blue

katzmeow
(stranger )
06/18/07 08:48 PM
Re: Introduction - email troubles new [re: bluepennylady]  

Yes, I upgraded. As I said, I can receive emails into Auction Wizard but can not send them. So far just testing as I don't have things set up.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/19/07 05:04 AM

HI,

got it. so the POP3 test is working but the SMTP test failed?

I presume you have the YahooPlus upgrade instructions from Yahoo for configuring email settings. Be sure your firewall settings are not blocking email from being sent. Normally email will not receive either if you have a firewall issue however, it has happened from time to time the firewall would not allow the email to be sent even though it was retrieved.

As far as the ports. Change the SMTP port back to 25 and see if you can send mail.

Let me know. And while you are checking that out, I will look at the troubleshooting a minute.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/19/07 05:14 AM

HI,

According to Yahoo tech, if the SMPT port setting 25 or 465 does not allow sending email, your ISP may block those ports. And to try using SMTP port 587.

Let me know if that works.

Judy/blue

katzmeow
(stranger )
06/19/07 06:06 AM

Changing the port to 587 definately fixed it. Thanks so much. I'm on West Coast time so have to get out of here and go to work. Tonight's adventure will be trying to figure out the FTP stuff. Thanks for taking the time.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/19/07 07:33 AM

HI,

Excellent news! Thank you for letting me know. I'll stop researching the issue now

If you need help with the FTP stuff, let me know. I'll be in and out tonight but I check the boards frequently. I am in Central Daylight Savings time zone.

have a great day at work!!

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
06/19/07 10:46 AM

Judy,
While we are on email issues here is a puzzle for you.

Last week I was getting intemittent errors while sending emails I would get the mail returned with an error: "no date in header". It was one of those on again off again issues.

Spoke with Thom and he investigated, everything was as it was supposed to be, and we never came up with a real solution BUT the problem is gone, we hope.

Just wondered if you had seen that and and had a real solution if there was one!

Like I said I haven't had the problem since I threatened my machine with Thom's wrath!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/19/07 11:02 AM
Re: Introduction - email troubles new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

I have had that error before in my network. I emailed Thom as well. And we scanned our hard drives, did a disk cleanup, defragged, ran antispyware/adware and virus scans. Then I used House call from Trends just to be sure. And restarted everything. After that, all worked fine.

But I think threatening to send the computers to the principals office (Thom) is what did the trick

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads