Introductions
   >> Introductions
Thread views: 7931 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tvanslooten
(stranger )
08/31/07 10:22 PM
AW2K or eBay Selling Manger Pro? Still Confused...  

In any given week I'll have anywhere from 7-20 auctions running depending on my inventory. I've been using eBay Selling Manger Pro for about a month now and while I'm fairly satisfied with it, I hate the $16 monthly fee and their reporting is worthless.

The main thing I like about Selling Manger Pro is that it is "tied" to your auction and PayPal so everything is seemless. When you login to your account, you know where everything is without doing anything. You know who has paid (if paid through PayPal), what needs to be shipped, who has left feedback, etc. I also like some of the automated features it has - like leaving feedback automatically after a buyer leaves feedback, sending invoices, etc. etc. Herein lies the problem of AW2K - unless I'm just not understanding how it works.

If I were to cancel Selling Manger Pro, how will all this automation take place since AW2K is a 3rd party application? How will I automatically send invoices to winning bidders where they can just click on a button and pay through PayPal? How will I be able to tell who has left feedback or what items need to be shipped? How will all my eBay and PayPal fees get imported for each auction lot (this is automatic and seemless with Selling Manger Pro)? It seems AW2K would be a nightmare to use to replace all these seemless and automated features of Selling Manger Pro.

So here is my problem, I love the automation and seemlessness of Selling Manger Pro but their reporting is worthless. I can't even effectively track my income/expenses every month! AW2K seems to have some incredibly powerful reporting capabilities but everything else seems like it would be a manual mess!?

If I wanted to give AW2K a test run, how would I do it if I have Selling Manger Pro in place? Is there a way to shut off the automated features of Selling Pro so that I can see how AW2K handles all these functions?

Travis

bluepennylady
(veteran)
09/01/07 06:18 AM
Re: AW2K or eBay Selling Manger Pro? Still Confused... new [re: tvanslooten]  

Travis,

Welcome to the Auction Wizard discussion board! Happy to meet you.

AW2000 has the ability to manage everything from Inventory clear through to Feedback. You can submit feedback as soon as buyer's pay just be changing settings in the AW2K program options. If that is how you want to leave feedback.

I have used SEller's pro and never really liked it. The interface is messy, and the tech support is poor at best. I do not like web-based software nor do I like being dependent on the Auction sites software program And that goes for any Auction site regardless of whether it is eBay, Overstock or any where else. Third party applications allow you more flexiblity to grow your business. Even eBay will tell you if you are serious about your Auction business, you will need to look to third party software instead of eBay tools. They talked about that fact at eBAy Live this year in several of the lectures and seminars.

Yes winning bidders can simply click on a button and pay through Paypal. They can use the eBay checkout, obtain their shipping charge from the calculator or the flat rate you used on the Auction and pay immediately. But AW2k offers you the ability to 'Invoice" your buyers too. I can create an Invoice at anytime for any buyer and add whatever the buyer wants to it.

OR I can add more of an Item to a buyer's existing invoice. Which we do on a daily basis. Buyer's email and want more of what they just won. Or they email in a week and want me to invoice them for a couple more goodies. Click the Add invoice button, Add the item(s). Send total due which includes a Paypal PayNow URL link, they pay and I ship.

AW2000 takes care of everything. And if you use the software as intended, Auction lot and Invoice status change automatically and the appropriate emails are sent to your buyers.

Hope that helps a bit.

If you have more questions, just ask away.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads