General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 29778 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
guitrldy
(stranger )
04/16/02 03:14 PM
Bug: Unsold lot items wont uncommit even w/resync  

Hello! I seem to have hit a snag that may be a bug. If there's a work-around, pls. let me know.

Here's my dilemma:
o I have inventory stock items that have multiple quantities (ex. 6).
o I created a lot from inventory to list the 6 items.
o Inventory shows that these 6 items are now committed to the lot and are not available.
o I list the auction lot and sell 2 of 6.
o But, the inventory item doesn't update to show those 4 are now available.

The AW2K help says: "Qty. Committed - ... When the Auction Lot sells, the quantity that sold are committed to the Invoice(s) generated from the lot. The remaining quantity is released back to the Inventory Item."

My items are not getting released back to inventory.

If I sell zero items, none get released back to inventory.

I've rebuilt and resync'd my database but this didn't fix anything.

If I have to do it by hand, then creating inventory for multiple qtys seems futile.

Thanks!
-------------
guitrldy

Edited by guitrldy on 04/16/02 03:18 PM (server time).

AntiqueComplex
(stranger )
04/19/02 11:54 AM
Re: Bug: Unsold lot items wont uncommit even w/resync new [re: guitrldy]  

Heres what happens:

You list 6 items dutch using inventory. 6 items are then committed. 2 of the items end up selling. The other 4 "Unsold" items will not get released until the 2 items are "Sold and Shipped". Basically, it won't release the unsold items until all the transactions for that dutch auction are completed. I'm trying not to be too confusing.

We have had this problem when we sold XFL footballs on Ebay. We had so many, it really didn't matter if some were committed for a while, then released.

alsorts
(stranger )
04/20/02 03:33 PM
Re: Bug: Unsold lot items wont uncommit even w/resync new [re: AntiqueComplex]  

Hi Antique Complex,

Thanks for the tip.

What would happen of a person changed the status from "Sold Not Shipped" to "Sold and Shipped" and back to "Sold Not Shipped". Would that force AW2K to make the proper committed quantities? Just curious.

guitrldy, maybe you could let us know what happens.

Bob

AntiqueComplex
(stranger )
04/22/02 02:50 PM
Re: Bug: Unsold lot items wont uncommit even w/resync new [re: alsorts]  

I don't know, and i'm not at risk to try it :o)

guitrldy
(stranger )
06/29/02 10:44 AM

I just was able to try this out:

o Inventory stock item qty 6
o Auction lot of that stock qty 6
o Listed dutch auction for 6
o None sold (bummer!)
o Wanted to create new Lot for diff auction site
o BUT, even tho the orig Lot sold ZERO, inventory still showed 6 committed
o Changed orig Lot to "sold and shipped"
o Inventory released the items.
o Created new Lot for 6 items
o Went back to old Lot and set to "hold"
o This made the old Lot AGAIN have committed quantity in the inventory.

This did NOT FIX the problem. The committed items were released but then were re-assigned when I set the orig Lot to "hold".

This is a bug.

What AW2K "should" do is if a multiple-qty Lot sells ZERO, there should be a new status designation called "none sold" and all qty should be released back to inventory.

Right now, if 1 out of 6 had sold, 5 would have been released back to inventory. This needs to be fixed for when Zero items are sold.

AW2K support: any thoughts or timelines for a fix?
Thanks!
Lisa W.
-------------
guitrldy

Edited by guitrldy on 06/29/02 10:49 AM (server time).

guitrldy
(stranger )
06/30/02 10:01 PM

Hey support guys... I'd really love a reply to this on Monday... I know I posted it over the weekend but I'd like to see this bug addressed...

Thank you!
guitrldy

-------------
guitrldy

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
07/01/02 04:23 PM

If an Auction Lot closes without a winning bidder, any stock it has committed from an Inventory Item remains with the lot. That leaves the lot available for re-listing. If you want the stock released from an unsold Auction Lot, then you need to delete the Auction Lot.

Setting the Status field of an Auction Lot to "Sold And Shipped" will release any stock committed to the lot from an Inventory Item. If you change the Status back to a value that would allow the lot to be re-listed, the stock will be re-committed. This is done to protect the integrity of the Quantity in Stock field on the Inventory Item.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

guitrldy
(stranger )
07/01/02 09:17 PM
Re: Bug: Unsold lot items wont uncommit even w/resync new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Thanks for replying... There are 2 problems with the way AW2K is handling these cases that you actually made reference to:

1) If I were to delete the auction lot that had zero items sold as suggested, I'd lose all the data from that auction lot (what auction site, auction listing fees, notes...).

2) Setting the lot to "sold and shipped" as suggested makes my reports wrong. At year-end I would have to go back over all auction lots just to see which were actually "sold and shipped" and which were just marked this way to get AW2K to release items back to inventory.

My suggesting for creating a "status field" of "none sold" were all qty is be released back to inventory gives me control of my inventory rather than having to fudge it by marking a lot "sold and shipped" when no items were actually sold.

Right now, if 1 out of 6 had sold, 5 items are released back to inventory. If I can designate an auction lot to "none sold" and have all inventory released, then I retain all fee info from the lot and I can show a true accounting of my auctions.

For me, having to fudge an auction lot by either marking it incorrectly as "sold and shipped" or by deleting all the auction lot's data is not an acceptable way to manage my inventory.

Is there any chance of a change?
Thanks again...
Lisa W.

-------------
guitrldy

alsorts
(stranger )
07/03/02 08:27 AM

Hi Lisa,

If an Auction Lot is "Off Line" you can change the auction Profile to list on another site and still retain the original fees from the previous "Auction Site".

There is also the "Sold and Returned" status that might work.

Just a thought.... What would happen if you changed the status to "Sold and Shipped" and changed the quantity, price, shipping & Insurance to Zero....Then you would have to create an Invoice also for that Auction Lot....Don't know if that would be worth the trouble, but with the new Status avaible in Invoices maybe something would work.

Bob

guitrldy
(stranger )
07/04/02 09:44 AM
Re: Bug: Unsold lot items wont uncommit even w/resync new [re: alsorts]  

Bob- I tried changing an Auction Lot that had zero sold to "off line" and then assigning it to a diff auction profile. It still didn't release the qty back to Inventory.

AW2K SUpport: any word on creating a status of "none sold" so this problem no longer needs to be fudged to work?
Thanks!
Lisa W.

-------------
guitrldy

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads