General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 8310 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jlxb1
(stranger )
06/03/04 01:28 PM
Inventory issues  

New user here! I was able to download my Ebay auctions and store items without issues but have a couple of questions.

1) Why does it not automatically fetch my store catagories and assign them with the download? What a pain to reproduce!

2) Why does it not fetch my fixed shipping prices that "are" assigned to the downloaded inventory? I now must reasearch and duplicate this effort on 200+ auctions.

3) I understood from the promotional material that ebay fees could be tracked. I don't see it. Where should I look?

Tradeguy
(member)
06/03/04 01:58 PM
Re: Inventory issues new [re: jlxb1]  

I didn't like the auction import function at all when i started - especially since my auctions used a lot of HTML. It's a hugely more efficient to take advantage of the aw2k auction template system. Took some time, but in the end it was worth it.

Also found that many things don't come over with import - including the shipping costs and ebay fees. The program works much better when it is used as the primary listing mechanism.

After fighting with it for a few weeks, I found everything worked much more smoothly if I created my listings in aw2k, and listed using aw2k.

Rich

Rlaubert
(stranger )
06/03/04 05:39 PM
Re: Inventory issues new [re: Tradeguy]  

Some of the eBay information is not available for AW to access during the download. Fees and catagories are included in that list. Once you start using AW to create, list and manage, it will track the fees for you. Unfortunately, the importer is not as powerful as you may want but it does save some time in setting up AW. Just dont try using it all the time... it really is a one time use type of tool in my opinion.

Raymond Laubert
http://stores.ebay.com/Collectibles-and-Gifts-From-Ray

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads