General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 7129 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

jeegro
(stranger )
10/07/06 06:10 PM
Batch Creating Auction Lots from Inventory Items  

I am having an issue... I created 116 Invetory items with varying item quantities. I then created auction lots from all of these, it made 116. Good. BUT, I want all the spare quantities made into auctions as well, but I cannot figure out how to do this automatically. I clicked Avail. Qty in the Grid View to organize it by available items, but nothing happens, it will not re-orgnanize it.
Thanks
Jeff

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/07/06 06:26 PM
Re: Batch Creating Auction Lots from Inventory Items new [re: jeegro]  

Jeff,

There are 2 methods to creating Auction lots in groups. One is in the Inventory Items window. The other is in the Auction Lots window. Both methods require use of the Grid view

I recommend working with both options a bit to see which better fits you.

In Inventory Items window, go ahead and sort by Qty in Stock. Go to Grid view. Select all the Inventory Items for which you wish to create Auction lots. Right click, Select "Create auction lot" from the menu.

This next method is what I use everyday.

Go to Auction lots window. Select all the Auction lots for which you wish to create auction lots. Right click, select "duplicate Auction lots" from the menu. And Bingo, you have more of the exact same auction lots. If you go into a negative value on any Inventory Item, a prompt will appear notifying you that Inventory Item # X is in the X negative. You can then delete an Auction lot to correct to overage.

Does that make sense? And does it help?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/07/06 06:37 PM
Re: Batch Creating Auction Lots from Inventory Items new [re: jeegro]  

Jeff,

And to answer your question about organizing by Available Qty in the grid view. Only the dark black Or bold text titles can be used to sort by.

You can use the the Find filter to find all the same qty in stock. And as you find them in the Grid view, click on that title, then hit F3 to find the next record. Hold down the Ctrl+ and select the next title. And so on until you have found all the same Qty in Stock Inventory item. Then right click>Select Create Auction lot.

Then you could use the next lowest or hightest number of Qty in Stock for the next filter.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads