General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 8830 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

wheeloftime
(stranger )
08/14/02 05:16 AM
Problem: Sold Stock not commited ?!  

Dear AW2k support,

I use AW2000 version 2.0 build 78 (latest build).
Yesterday I sold one item from an inventory stock item of 3 on eBay. No problem so far. Then the winning bidder decided he wanted to have the remaining two items also. So I added the same inventory item twice through the invoices window.
When I looked at the underlying inventory item I saw that only the first item which I put on eBay was committed but the two I added afterwards still remained in stock. To be complete; the auctions lot's for the two extra items were created, but as it seems never released from the stock.
Can I for the time being resolve this with the ReSync-utility or could it be related to the fact that off-line sold inventory items are created as 7 days auction lot's and this possibly interferes with the correct handling of the stock ?
Thanks in advance for your reply !

Kind regards,
Howard van der Burgt
Wheel of Time
www.wheeloftime.nl

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
08/14/02 12:55 PM
Re: Problem: Sold Stock not commited ?! new [re: wheeloftime]  

You can correct the situation by deleting the 2 extra Invoice Items you have added to the Invoice. Delete the Auction Lots the software created for those items as well. That will get you back to where you started from. Then all you need to do change the "Quantity" on the original Invoice Item from "1" to "3". That will update the quantity committed on the Inventory Item.

In the future if a buyer wants more of an item, just change the "Quantity" on the Invoice Item. That will update the quantity committed from the Inventory Item.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

wheeloftime
(stranger )
08/14/02 05:25 PM
Re: Problem: Sold Stock not commited ?! new [re: AuctionWizard]  

I did as you suggested and first deleted the two extra added invoice items and then deleted the underlying auction records.
To my surprise all sold lots were uncommited, so also the one sold through eBay and still within the invoice. I could correct this by Recomputing the consigment fee (?) after which the auction record was correctly registered with the invoice and Inventory item again.
Then I changed the suggested '1' to '3' within the invoice record but nothing changed. The two extra sold items are still uncommited to the inventory item ?!
Even if it had worked it would create an unwanted situation; when selling off-line I often give reduction which can only be applied when creating a new addition to the invoice and not by changing the number of items sold.
Hope you can help me further with this !

Thanks,
Howard
Wheel of Time
http://www.wheeloftime.nl

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads