General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 29672 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Two_Knight
(stranger )
11/17/06 04:37 PM
Auction to Inventory  

Newbee-using trial version AW2000. How do I convert a auction item to a inventory item. The auction is listed as "Queued for listing"? Also by changing the drop down to something else ex ."never listed" is this already in the system as "Queued for listing" or do I have to do a new "Queued for listing? I hope this make sense!
Thanks

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
11/17/06 06:19 PM
Re: Auction to Inventory new [re: Two_Knight]  

Hi:
Glad you're trying out AW2K. I think once you begin to work with it a little you will find it is great for your auction management needs. There are tons of different things you can do. But as you are finding out at first it is a bit daunting. An auction item cannot be made into an Inventory item without copying and pasting it into the appropriate fields. That's why it is always good to enter material into inventory (if you think there will be or are more than one to auction off). So far you've made it to getting an Inventory item into the Database. Then you now have created an auction from it. If you click on the bar at the top - on auction site o then click on Queue Lot for Listing. That places that particular auction lot ready to be listed on eBay. Once you have all of your lots ready to be listed on eBay you will click on that same drop down bar again (AUCTION SITE). This time though click on the second choice :List Queued Lots . . . When you do that everything that is set to qeued for listing will start the process of going on line. Just follow the prompts from there. First you get to upload your images. Once that is done then you will get the chance to upload auctions one at a time or all together.

If you have any other questions or if I haven't answered well enough please get back on line and ask. There is always someone here willing to help. Good luck with your auctions.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/17/06 06:51 PM

Hi, Two-Knight,

Welcome!!!!

Garry gave you a good run down. But I'll stick in a couple of ideas.

Did you import your current auctions into AW2K?? Or are you starting new?

If you imported and used the "Creating Inventory Item" option, there is a workaround for making the Non-Stock Inventory Item into a Stock Inventory Item. Just a couple of mouse clicks. So if you used that option, let me know and I can tell you how to do that.

If you imported without using the "Create Inventory Item" what Garry said is right. You can't go backwards. Although you could go back, create a Stock Inventory item and do the copy/paste thing. It isn't hard, just take a bit of time.

If you keep in mind that everything is copied forward from the Inventory item (except images) to the Auction lot. And from Auction lot to Invoice. It will help you. Nothing is copied backwards. It starts at the top tab(window) and goes down. Does that make sense?

If you use AW2K as it is intended to be used, none of the Status' need to be manually changed. That is Auction lots won't need to be changed from Never Listed, to Offline or Sold not Shipped, etc. AW2K does that for you as long as you are using the program as intended.

If you need help, just don't hesitate to ask.

Judy/blue

Two_Knight
(stranger )
11/18/06 05:53 AM
Re: Auction to Inventory new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply. It makes thing a little clearer. As iam just starting and from what i have read it is better to just create a inventory item and work from there.
Bob

Two_Knight
(stranger )
11/18/06 06:04 AM
Re: Auction to Inventory new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy
I did import my current auction(s) into AW2000 and use "create an inventory item". Also before i realized the benifits from using inventory items I went and create a auction first, but as Gary and you have indicated you can't go backwards without doing a cut and paste, as i understand it. I still am a little confused as to how AW2000 uses "Stock" and" Non-Stock" as it relates to AW2000.
Thanks for your help
Bob

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/18/06 06:23 AM

Bob,

Let me see if I can help a bit.

A "Non-Stock Inventory Item" is an item of which there is only 1 and you do not enter in "qty in Stock" A "Stock Inventory Item" is item(s) for which there are qty in stock.

If you will go to the Inventory tab (Window) in AW2K and look at the right side top of the imported Non-Stock Inventory Items, you will not see fields for "qty in stock, qty committed, qty available" These Inventory Items are referred to as Non Stock Inventory Items,

Now--go to the Inventory Items tab (window) and on the toolbar along the top, there is a "+". Click that "+" sign and a brand new blank containing no information Inventory Item will appear. You will see that now you have a whole new set of field options available to you. "Stock, Active, Qty in stock, qty committed, qty available as well as a "Committed Quantities" box. If you checkmark the "Stock" box the "qty in stock" field will become active and you can enter in how many of an item you have available. When I set up Aw2K for other companies, I recommend they always use the "Stock" inventory Items option. That option offers more flexibility than non Stock.

Does that help at all?

Since you imported and created Inventory Items, I can help you duplicate those and make them into Stock Inventory Items that are associated with Auction lots. Once you get the hang of it, it isn't hard to do.

Setup is the most time consuming primarily because one is not familiar with terminology, etc.

Judy/blue

Two_Knight
(stranger )
11/18/06 07:03 AM

Thanks Judy..That clears thing up
Bob

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/18/06 07:08 AM

Bob,

If you want to fix the one Auction lot you created so it is associated with a Stock Inventory Item, it can be done. And I'll be happy to assist you.

Judy/blue

Two_Knight
(stranger )
11/18/06 07:12 AM

Hi Judy..I guess i didn't read your last post entirely. I did imported and created Inventory Items, How do I duplicate those and make them into Stock Inventory Items that are associated with Auction lots. Thank for your help
Bob

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/18/06 08:27 AM

Bob,

Certainly, I will be happy to help you.

Let me be sure I understand exactly what you have so I will give you correct instructions.

Are any of your Auctions online? Or are they all Offline.

Go to the Auction lots tab (window) and look at the Auction lots Status to see if they are Online or Offline

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads