General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 35491 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/07/07 06:00 AM
Re: How to Handle Inventory new [re: seespotrun4you]  

MIchael,

Well I taught college classes tonight. Class went way over. we were all so ingrossed. The janitor had to stick his head in class and ask when we were leaving.

Can't sleep so I checked the boards.

Judy/blue

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
02/07/07 09:29 AM
Re: How to Handle Inventory new [re: bluepennylady]  

A six foot wide front door should work fine unless I keep eating these chocolate-covered raisens I'm so fond of, in which case, well it's just not an attractive prospect... by spring I'm sure we will be more than ready for a day trip. All the snow we've had has given me a pretty good case of cabin fever. A "Rumps in the air festival" sounds like a good excuse to get out.

Thanks for the Inventory help. Let me play with what you've told me so far and see if I come up with anymore obscure questions.

Michael

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/07/07 09:37 AM
Re: How to Handle Inventory new [re: seespotrun4you]  

Michael,

I didn't mean you NEEDED that big of a door It is just an easy place to get in and out of. Lots of room.

I could tell you we have a nice forklift too but well, I won't

Let me know if you need help or have more questions. I don't mind a bit. Keeps my brain working.

Judy/blue

Ned
(stranger )
04/05/07 05:16 PM

I'm really enjoying this thread. Michael asks good questions, and Judy, well, it goes without saying.

One question. Judy said,

"We, I mean my staff, creates Inventory Item numbers in banks of 50 numbers. And each bank of 50 are assigned to a particular staff member. "

It looked to me like inventory numbers were serial numbers, assigned automatically by AW and not modifiable. Do you, I mean your staff, enter empty records to claim a range, or is there a feature somewhere for controling the numbers?

Ned

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/05/07 05:39 PM
Re: How to Handle Inventory new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

A supervisor creates x number of Inventory Item numbers for each staff member. They are given those Inventory Item numbers and when the assigned numbers have all been filled up with Inventory, they request more and we create them.

You are right about AW2000 assigns the numbers. They are sequential. If a number is deleted it cannot be re-created.

It is better to archive Old unneed Inventory Items than to delete the information and re-use the same Inventory Item for a different product/item. I tried doing the delete images, description,etc for a while and re-using the Inventory Items numbers but ran into a few unanticipated problems. So now I simply archive records once a quarter.

I am so glad to see you around again Ned.

Judy/blue

Ned
(stranger )
04/05/07 07:32 PM

"A supervisor creates x number of Inventory Item numbers for each staff member. "

Does that mean the supervisor sits at AW and inserts new inventory records with nothing in them to create the range? Or is there something in multi-user AW that allows the supe to just declare a range of record numbers in use, without actually creating them?

Sorry to be dense. Glad to be back.

Ned

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/05/07 07:54 PM
Re: How to Handle Inventory new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Not dense at all.

Within the network, on any computer, any user can click the "+" button on the tool bar (or the "Insert" key on the keyboard) and create Inventory Item numbers. For instance, today for a new staff member, I opened up AW2000, clicked on the Inventory Items tab/window, the last number that was available was 10900. So I clicked the "+" creating 10911, 10913, 10914, etc until I had created 25 more completely empty, ready to have information added Inventory Items to them numbers.

I'll then give a list the the staff member, telling her to start at 10911 to 10936. She will complete all the fields on 10911 for whatever product she was assigned to do. When the fields including images are all complete on 10911, she then moves on to 10912.

She is instructed not to navigate all over the place in AW2000. The only place she needs to be working is from 10911 to 10936. As soon as she completes all those Inventory Item numbers, I'll create more for her.

I have my staff record the Inventory Item numbers they have done in a Word document saved into Shared Documents so the two people that do proofing can access the info from anywhere within the network. As with four of five people working in the Inventory Items each day, it is just easier to keep track, And to monitor each staff members work performance.

Does that make better sense?

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads