General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 40089 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/08/07 01:51 PM
Re: Importing Inventory Items to an eBay Store new [re: bluepennylady]  

Ned/Judy:

Thanks!

I know I knew that but it has been a long week already!!! I just couldn't think. And this discussion got me to thinking of how to work through entering some inventory I have offsite without access to the PC with AW200 on it or internet service.

Thanks again!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/08/07 02:03 PM
Re: Importing Inventory Items to an eBay Store new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

You must be working overtime on your website??!!!

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/08/07 02:35 PM

Judy,
Yes that is one of the many irons in the fire. The other side of my business is restoring antique furniture, and building custom furniture. I am busy with that.
Mainly because I am trying to catch up due to other priorities. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer mid February and we have been dealing with that. We have been through the surgery, radiation and are in the middle of chemo. The outlook is looking really good, it was caught early but it is still so hard to deal with. But God is good and we'll make it through this chapter of our lives!!
But because of that and that I am the "one man show" things don't get done if I don't do them! All day yesterday I thought it was Wednesday!! When I found out that it was just Monday I was so excited that I was going to have 2 extra days this weeK!

Another question about export/importing:
You have the excel file, when you add to it how does it import back to AW2000, meaning how does AW2000 handle the info?
Do you have to make a "new" file with your additions each time or can you just add to the bottom of the same excel file?

I hope I am clear as to the question.

Thanks,

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/08/07 02:43 PM

Marty,

I am so sorry. I had no idea. But I will put you and your wife on my daily prayer list. And yes, I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. Have seen God first hand heal my husband more than once and restore him to health again. Tell your wife, someone else just joined the ranks for prayer warriors for her healing!

You do not add the header fields at the bottom, just along the top. Meaning all the fields you want to import, you use the column headers across the top and name those. You really don't want to import over the top of the first import. It doesn't work that way. If you add more information to the CSV file, new Inventory Items will be created all over again when you import the same CSV file.

Does that make sense?

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/08/07 03:11 PM

Judy,
Thanks so much for the prayers, yes the power of prayer is a working force in our lives. We know that it is the prayers of others that have made this we can deal with.

I thought that was the way the import would work but just wanted to make sure.

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/08/07 03:40 PM

Marty,

Good Deal!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/09/07 05:32 AM

Marty:
You have our prayers for your wife and her recovery. It is not an easy time for either one of you I know. All of the visits to the doctors, the therapy, and down time because the chemo makes your wife sick. I can understand some of it. As I said you and your wife will be in our prayers. It sounds good that the outlook is really good. It seems so trite to say hang in there - but really it helps to just hang on and fight like crazy.

Now as to the two extra days this week - I would sure like to be able to do that also. You should patent the process. There are times when a 9 day week would be so great.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/09/07 07:09 AM
Re: Importing Inventory Items to an eBay Store new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I was hoping Marty would tell us how he made an extra two days as well. I could certainly use it. I am also beginning to think cloning isn't so bad of an idea. My clone could come to work and I could go horseback riding

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/09/07 08:02 AM

Garry/Judy and All:

Thanks for the prayerful support it is truly appreciated!

We are actually heading off to another chemo today hopes are that this one will better than the last. But we will still fight fight fight, fortunately she has a great attitude. Many have said that she should be the poster child that she is an inspiration and I have to agree!!

About those days, it was just a pipe dream!! But if I figure it out for sure I will surely pass it along!!

I'll check in later, you all have a great day!

Thanks again,

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/09/07 08:06 AM

Marty,

Hug her for me!! I can't fix it but I can certainly let you both know that I care and am praying for you.

And I will pray for her today as she goes to chemo. Not fun thing to do.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads