General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 41316 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
mouse
(member)
09/24/07 09:29 PM
Inventory question new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi! I have a question about inventory.....if I have 5 pairs of say navy slippers (all the same color, style & size), I go to Inventory & start there for an auction, right? I put the number "5" in quantity available & "1" in quantity in stock? Is that right? What if I come across 3 more pair of the same size color, etc. Do I just add that to the quantity available?
Is there an easy way to keep track of items ending, so you can list another one of the same kind right away? Hope this is making sense! I'm about ready for bed.....can't sleep!
Thanks for your help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/24/07 11:10 PM
Re: Inventory question new [re: mouse]  

MIckey,

YOu would enter in 5 in the "Qty in STock" field. When you create an Auction lot and enter in the Qty available for that particular auction lot, which let's say for example you are going to sell only 4. You go to the auction lot and enter in Qty field 4.

When you look at the Stock Inventory Item, it will read as this:
"Qty in Stock" 5
"Committed Qty" 4
"Qty available" 1

That tells you 4 out of the 5 pair of slippers are committed somewhere. To auction lot or invoice. It is the Committed Quanities box that will tell you precisely where. Auctionlot or Invoice.

The Qty Available actually means you have 1 pair available to offer for sales that isn't already committed to something or someone. so if you would sell 2 of the 4 pair on the Auction lot. You generate an INvoice. Buyer emails and says "You know, do you have one more pair. If so, can you add them to my Invoice"

You go to the Stock Inventory Item. "Qty Available" indicates there is one more pair no committed to anything. Why yes I do. So you add the one more pair to buyer's invoice.
Now the "Qty available" is zero, because every single pair is committed to something.

Does that make any sense??

If you run across 3 more pair, you would add those 3 pair to the "Qty in Stock" not "Qty available"

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

mouse
(member)
09/25/07 06:29 AM
Re: Inventory question new [re: bluepennylady]  

I'm sure glad I asked you that question! I would have had it all wrong!
Thanks!
Mickey

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads