General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 41240 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
mouse
(member)
09/16/07 08:06 AM
If computer crashes....  

I just had a question! If my computer would happen to crash would I loose all the information I have in Auction Wizard 2000? I figured I probably will since it's not online. I do have a new computer but that doesn't mean something couldn't happen!
My grandson put an extra hard drive in my computer so I can back things up (which I'm not very good at doing)! My last computer crashed a few months ago & I lost pictures, etc! Guess I better start backing up my auctions!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/16/07 10:59 AM
Re: If computer crashes.... new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

If your computer crashes, short of someone being able to revive and retrieve information, yes all the database would be lost.

Which is why it is an excellent idea (and cheap insurance) to make a hard copy of your database at least once a week. I burn a DVD every other day of mine. Now that is most likely overkill for most but we are adding lots of data every day that I would not want to re-create.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

mouse
(member)
09/17/07 09:09 AM
Re: If computer crashes.... new [re: bluepennylady]  

I added the PayPal link to my winning bidder emails. I just had someone tell me it doesn't work very well. I'm including the email she sent me......would you have any idea on what I should change in the link? Here's the email she sent to me.....................

"It didn't list the invoice at all - just
offered a place to enter the amount
of money I was sending without any
reference to the items being purchased.
When I went back to eBay, it appeared as
though I still needed to pay. I
entered that payment has been sent but it
still indicates that checkout is
incomplete. So no link to the eBay
listings even after payment is sent.
Course, one could go through a dispute if
there was an issue but I like my
sales records to automatically update.
It may not make a difference to you
but I have to disburse to my vendors at
the end of every month."

Thanks for your help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/17/07 09:31 AM

Mickey,

IT was very nice of the buyer to take the time to email you what they saw on their side of the computer. I do not completely understand the buyer's comment concerning "disbursing vendors at the end of every month". Unless the buyer is referring to end of month billings. As long as you record the payment in AW2K, notify the buyer of payment received and ship the item, there is not an issue. It honestly does not matter if the buyer submitted payment through eBay checkout or not. The money was sent through Paypal. And there is a record of the money sent at Paypal.

Without seeing your link, I can't tell if the Invoice number will appear or not. The Invoice number should show up at Paypal when the buyer clicks the link. The Auction id number(s) will not appear. That is normal. I am not sure that can be done. But I can look at it and see and get back to you on that one.

When a buyer submits a Paypal payment using the Paypal link in an AW2K invoice, it will not automatically change the item setting on eBay to "Paid" The buyer can manually change that setting by clicking on the drop down menu on the far side of the item and selecting "Mark as Paid".

If the buyer does not like the Paypal PayNow URL link in your AW2K invoices, they can always go through the eBay checkout and use the "discount" field to reduce the shipping costs.

You can't please everyone. Not all buyers will like or even use the Paypal PayNow URL link. And for those that are "eBay only" people, if it doesn't go through eBay, they don't like it.

The Payment received email is a receipt of payment for the buyer's records. Or sometimes we will send them another Invoice with the Paypal payment recorded and a balance due of "0" That is if they request it. But that rarely happens.

Once you get your buyers use to paying with the Paypal link, they will like it. And here is the big plus which is worth taking the time to "Train" your buyers. If they can receive your AW2K emails and are willing to email back and forth outside of "My Messages" you can easily add additional items to their existing Invoices. Or easily create a new invoice for them as they will email you on a shipping notice or payment received or even a Feedback Thanks asking for more stuff. And that is exactly what you want to happen.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/18/07 07:21 AM

Me again! Another newbie!
Could someone tell me where I enter the actual shipping cost? I checked out "profit reports" last night & I don't have anything listed under actual shipping. My report just shows "shipping income" & not "shipping expense".
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/18/07 07:28 AM

MIckey,

Sure. On the invoice, look on the "Fees" tab along the top. There is a place to enter in the Actual shipping and Actual insurance cost. The payment services fee is recorded when you record income.

Does that help?

And about the Paypal PayNow URL link,,,, you asked about the Auction id appearing in the link. Can't be done. Worked on it for a couple of hours yesterday. But the Invoice number and total amount due should appear.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
09/18/07 02:41 PM

Judy,

I think you can get that info to show up in the "Paypal PayNow URL link". What does your link look like, in the past I have had some extra stuff listed in the top box of the instant payment page that my link directs you to. I have removed most but still have the invoice # to show up under the Item Title Line. So I am thinking that if you add #<#AuctionID> in just the right place it will locate it on the page with the invoice #!

I guess what I am saying is let's compare the link maybe there is more than one possibilty out there!

Marty
Visit my webpage!
www.moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/18/07 02:49 PM
Re: If computer crashes.... new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

I would be most interested in seeing how you edited the HTML to include the Auction id number.

I'll save my link in notepad and email it to you here shortly.

What a great thing! Comparing links. Only computer people get into this kind of stuff What did you do today dear? Oh I compared HTML links on the AW2000 board

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/20/07 08:45 PM

Hi Judy
Thanks for the answer about fees. You shouldn't have taken so much time with the Auction ID thing showing up in the PayPal link! Very nice of you though!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/21/07 00:33 AM

Mickey,

You are welcome.

Well, actually, AquillaStamps, Moonstruck and I are still working with the link just to see exactly what we can get to display and what will not. There has been "link comparisons" and "Link exchanges" flying back and forth Geez, I am easy to entertain!

If we get something different to display, we will let you know

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads