General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 33624 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
mouse
(member)
09/29/07 06:33 PM
Searching inventory items  

Could someone tell me the best way to search through your inventory items?
Say that I want to list a pair of Black Yoga Pants in a size Medium & I want to see if I have any others the same size & color. I have an inventory item for "Pants Yoga". Do I just keep hitting F3 through all those listings to see if I have the same color & size, if any are active or if I have more to be listed & I can just add this to the stock item? Is there a way I can put them in alphabetical order? Mine are all mixed up! Maybe I should have an inventory for each color??
Thanks for any help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/29/07 07:03 PM
Re: Searching inventory items new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Oh, the options, the options. Where do I start

You can sort Inventory Items in the Grid view by Inv. Category, Reference ID. You can also use the "Find" utility and search by the Reference ID.

It really depends on how you have organized your Stock Inventory Items as to how you can find something. You might try using the Manufacturer number in the Reference ID. As that number tells the size, color, etc. And then you could just type in the number off the Yoga pants and see if you have anything.

Or you could come up with your own system for the Reference Id to make each size, color and style unique. i.e. maybe black medium might be "BYP-M" (which is Black Yoga Pants size Medium :o)

If you find a Stock Inventory Item already in the Inventory Items that is the same thing, you can most certainly simply add one more to the "Qty in Stock" field.

Does that help at all??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

mouse
(member)
09/29/07 07:17 PM
Re: Searching inventory items new [re: bluepennylady]  

That really helps Judy! Especially about the item # on the article of clothing! I don't know why I didn't think of that! Duh!!
I also didn't even think to use the grid view. That sure makes a difference! I must be really tired tonight.....had a very busy day! I'm sure glad you're there to give me different ideas!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/29/07 07:33 PM

Mickey,

Boy do I hear the tired. Geezz. Had a day myself!

Glad that helped. You know sometimes you look at a problem for so long your mind will go into grid lock and you can't see a solution.

We have had to re-do the way we categorize product more than once. so if what you start out doing needs to be expanded upon or changed a bit, don't fret about it. All of us have to change as we grow. And that is a good thing!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/30/07 08:02 PM

I have a question about outgoing emails. I updated my auctions & generated invoces earlier today. I just did it again. I think it was after I clicked on "check mail", all my email waiting to go out got sent! All of the "your item has shipped"! I don't remember this happening before. I like it to get sent when I send it! Is there a setting I might have changed? Or is it set up to do this?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/30/07 08:18 PM

Mickey,

Be default AW2000 email settings are selected to "Send Queued mail when checking email" You can change that setting by going to File | Auction Profiles >Email accounts.
In the lower right hand corner you will see all the different options.
Uncheck the "Send Queued mail when checking email"

Queued email will not be sent when you check email.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
10/01/07 05:46 AM

Thanks so much! I figured you would have an answer!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/01/07 05:49 AM

Mickey,

Excellent! I am glad that worked.

I try hard but sometimes I wonder about myself

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
10/02/07 07:05 PM

Me again! I don't think a day goes by that I don't have a question!
If I remember correctly, you told me to go to items that are "sold & shipped" if I need to make an auction lot (say I have another pair of slippers, same size, etc.) & duplicate that auction lot. I get the warning that I have "0" in stock. I am supposed to just go in there & put "1" aren't I? I know that to me this looks obvious, but I want to make sure!!
I also have a question about PayPal fees. Do you put your fees in with every item? Or can you do this at the end of the month & just total everything---then take the 2.9% percentage plus $0.30 an item (I'm pretty sure that's what the fees are)!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/02/07 07:12 PM

Mickey,

No worries. If you don't ask questions, you won't ever learn

As far as Stock Inventory Items, IF you have another of that item available, you can most certainly add one more to the Stock Inventory Item. You can add it at any time, You do not have to wait until creating auction lots. If a shipment comes in mid-week and you find you have a whole bunch more of the same things, Just go to the Inventory Item and add to the "Qty in Stock"

Some sellers record the Paypal fees for each transaction. Some do it the way you are talking about. Whatever is easier for your bookkeeping will be fine. Might want to check with your accountant to see what they suggest.

And yes that is the first tier of Paypal fees. 2.9% plus .30 per transaction instead of per item.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads