General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 11126 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

goingtwice
(stranger )
04/05/08 09:19 AM
Additional Shipping / Preferences  

Looking for an answer about combined shipping & shipping discounts. I know about setting up preferences in eBay but there are multiple choices for Combined Shipping Discounts yet AW only has one checkbox. I want to be able to offer a combined shipping price and also "each additional item ships for" price (for different auctions). Do I put the each additional item ships for in the Auction Information on the inventory screen? What if it's not a fixed shipping cost? What about multiple levels of discounts? Add'l item ships for $1 and another for Add'l item ships for $3.

I need to understand how AW will interact with the auctions, my fear is that I have a combined shipping item that sells and a buyer is able to also take advantage of a promotional additonal shipping rate that wasn't offered for that particular item.

Hope this makes sense. I have read all posts that seemed applicable and the AW docs and I'm just not getting it.

Other than that, I think it's going well and this program is one that has a lot of great features.

Thank you for your help,
Michelle

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/05/08 09:39 AM
Re: Additional Shipping / Preferences new [re: goingtwice]  

MIchelle,

Welcome!! It is extremely nice to meet you. Please do not hesitate to ask questions or make comments.

Let me see if I can make sense of the shipping for you.

First, AW2K only "posts" to the eBay the information you have in AW2K. The Shipping preferences set up at eBay for Combined shipping discounts applies to a buyer using Checkout who has won multiple items from multiple listings. The "Additi'l item ship" field applies to multiple items sold from the same auction lot.

eBay does not allow you to set multiple item shipped for several auctions. Meaning, in Shipping preferences, the Flat rate additional item shipped field is what is used at checkout for multiple items won from multiple listings. eBAy offers you three options. NOthing, deduct x amount or add x amount for each additional item shipped. Of course, you can select the "Free shipping" option.

You can set the Addti'l Item" ships price differently for each individual auction if you want. Just remember the only time that price applies is when the buyer is purchasing multiple items from that Auction lot. If you have five of a green widget, and the first green widget ships for $5.00 and each additional ships for an addti'l $2.00 and the buyer purchases four. Then the buyer will be charged $11.00 for the shipping.

Now let's say you have set your Shipping preferences at eBay for additional item ships for $2.00. Buyer wins five different auctions. Some auctions have additional item ships for $1.00, some ships for $2.00 and some at $3.00. Because your preferences at eBAy are set to $2.00, the buyer is charged the $2.00 for each additional item shipped for the Flat rate auctions only. Not calculated.

The "Promotional" rules are created on eBay. And as indicated when you get ready to create the Promotional rule, it applies to ALL listings. So if you don't want it to apply to all listings, then uncheck "In AW2K' the "Make thisitem eligible for shipping discounts based on my eBay Preferences" And that one auction lot will not have any shipping discounts applied to it.

I hope that makes sense. IF not, let me know and I will try again.

YOu are correct, AW2K has tons and tons of features, It is a very powerful ans stable auction management tool.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

goingtwice
(stranger )
04/05/08 01:42 PM

Thank you, Judy.

I think I must be a bit dense because I am still confused.

A) Combined shipping where the weight of the items are added at checkout by eBay . This I have set up in My eBay | Preferences | Shipping Preferences | Calculated shipping discounts.

If I want to have this option for all of my auctions, I check the "Make this item eligible for a shipping discount based on my eBay preferences" in AW under Shipping Options? But I also must go to eBay preferences and delete all ofther shipping discounts, correct?

B) If I want discounted shipping; Widget A is $5.00 shipping, additional Widgets are $2.00 but not from the same auction lot but from different listings.

This is also set up in Me eBay | Preferences ...

When I was using Turbo Lister, there was a way to indicate which shipping discount was being offered with each individual listing. From what I'm reading that you wrote - AW is limited to only being able to pull one of those discounts and incorporate it into the checkout?

Thank you, Judy, for your help, it's much appreciated.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/05/08 03:01 PM

Hi,

I don't think you and I are on the same page. And I think I confused you. I am very sorry. Let me see if I can clear up the confusion.

Combined shipping.
Are you referring to the different calculated shipping "profiles" in Shipping preferences??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

goingtwice
(stranger )
04/05/08 04:47 PM
Re: Additional Shipping / Preferences new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

Yes, I am. And my apologies for not expressing myself clearly. I am trying to determine how to assign:

Combined shipping discounts
Flat shipping rule
Different profiles may be assigned (such as)

$1 additional shipping
Free shipping

Calculated shipping rule
Combine all weights
Specify a cost for each additional item, $____ handling for each additional

Thank you once again!
Michelle

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/05/08 06:57 PM

Michelle,

No apologies. Had I paid attention, I would not have completely confused you

Okay, now that I am on the same page

AW2000 does not currently support the multiple calculated profiles. That is on the suggestion list. And I will let tech know you have asked about it.

You can specify Free Shipping on a particular auction. That isn't hard to do. Just select "Specify Flat Rate shipping costs" on the Auction lot and enter $0.00 in the cost field. You have to choose what service you will be using for the Free shipping in the "Shipping service" drop down menu.

The "Calculated Shipping rule" for combine all weights and add the extra charges are all defined on eBay in your Preferences. The handling charge fee field in AW2K also needs to be completed as well.

If an item has a higher handling fee than another, you can enter in that particular handling fee in the Auction lot in AW2K and the fee you enter into the Auction lot is what will be used to calculate shipping for the buyer. I hope that makes sense.

The settings you enter into AW2000 shipping options will override eBay. Meaning, if you have a Flat rate rule on eBay that you charge $2.00 for each additional item. But you have a small item that you only want to charge .50 for each additional item and a $3.00 flat rate, Then enter in the $3.00 into the Flat rate charge and .50 into the additi'l item shipped and that is what appears on eBay for that Auction lot.

I hope that helps. If not, let me know and I will try again.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads