General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 25711 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sofasurfer
(stranger )
03/14/03 08:14 PM
Accessing invoices  

When I want to access a particular invoice, it appears that I must go into 'Invoices' and then scroll through them till I find the one I want.

What I would expect to be able to do is to go into 'Auction Lots' and then choose the 'Grid View', highlite the lot I desire and tthen go to 'Invoices' and the correct invoice should be displayed. However, when I use this method, the invoice for the first auction created is displayed.

What is the proper proceedure for opening a particular invoice?

rodgw
(Unregistered)
03/14/03 08:59 PM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: sofasurfer]  

Here is how I do it, and there maybe a better way. But I haven't found it so someone else will have to fill you in.
Once I know the lot number. I go to the invoices. Click on the magnifying glass and search under "items - lot #".
Hope this helps.
rodgw

sofasurfer
(stranger )
03/14/03 09:11 PM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: rodgw]  

Thanks. That method works.
BUT, what a lot of work compared to if the process was automatic. Hopefully someone has another method for this lazy guy.
Thanks.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
03/15/03 11:46 AM

On the Auction Lots window, choose the Grid View to find the specific Auction Lot for the Invoice you want to view. Click on that Auction Lot to highlight it. Click on the Buyers tab, then click on the green ledger icon (next to the Invoice #) to go to the Invoice for that Auction Lot.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

sofasurfer
(stranger )
03/15/03 07:34 PM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Thats the trick. Works great. Thanks...

magicka
(stranger )
03/31/03 09:04 AM

something that would help ALOT in finding and accesing invoices would be to make it an option (or part of the table) to display the auction lot description in the invoice grid view.
Its very frustrating to have to go through extra steps when you know what auction youre looking for. if the description were listed there you could go right to it.
perhaps make it an option to add description (next to invoice #) and buyer name (next to buyer contacted).
that would really simplify and save time when looking for a particular invoice.
thanks

Theradioshoppe
(stranger )
04/17/03 11:49 AM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: magicka]  

This area seems to be the toughest part of AW2K for me. There are about 4-5 categories of invoices from the time an auction closes until feedback is left and the invoice is closed. Quite frankly the status of each of my invoices seldom matches the actual status of an item. Because of that I end up keeping paper notes to help he keep it straight. I've tryed to find a way to make AW2K keep the real status for me and have had little success other than to manually change the status of each item. I don't like to have to trust myself to shepard each item thru to final closing.

Does anyone have any ideas that would help me? I would very much appreciate it.

Jim,
The Radio Shoppe

The best in amateur radio accessories.

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
04/17/03 03:09 PM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: Theradioshoppe]  

Well, first off, you should try using the buyer and invoice notes fields instead of paper notes - I find them extremely useful - especially with those strange status invoices.

What types of status situations are you talking about?

The only 2 I manually change are for 2nd notice and Hold. I use 2nd notice for 2nd + final notices, plus NPB filings waiting to conclude. And "hold" mostly for pending e-checks, but also for customers that have made payments but are waiting on other auctions to combine shipping. I use the notes fields to explain it all to me...lol.

Rich

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
04/21/03 09:21 PM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: Tradeguy]  

To use the buyer and invoice notes field I have to know which invoice to put notes into. Therein lies part of the problem. I have to go and find the invoice to put notes in it. Once I've found it I can do what is needed and the notes fields become redundant.

Sorry, but not sure it will work very well for me.

Jim,
The Radio Shoppe

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
04/22/03 09:21 AM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: Anonymous]  

It doesn't sound like you are associating your emails with your invoices, which I think may be key to running AW2K effectively. Virtually everything I get from customers is thru email - which I associate in AW2K with the invoice, and then put anything really important into the notes fields.

When a payment or email comes in, it's immediately associated with the invoice - so there's really no searching for invoices. I let AW2K print my invoices and labels, and that's how I know what to ship that day.

It doesn't sound like that's how you're doing things...

Rich

Theradioshoppe
(stranger )
06/19/03 10:26 PM
Re: Accessing invoices new [re: Tradeguy]  

Sorry, been away from the board a while.

I am associating emails with invoices....it takes a few moments of patience to get it done but i am dong it. I've gotten better at the whole process but still have problems. For example, when all the hurdles have been cleared and I am ready to ship an item the status always is "Feedback Not Left." This is technically true, but there is also a condition of "Awaiting Shipment" that better applies. When I am ready to notify the buyer that the item has actually been shipped I have to manually search thru the "Feedback Not Left" category rather than "Awaiting Shipment." Maybe I've got the whole concept wrong, but I've read thru that part of the help files several times and I believe I am following the correct process as described.

Jim

The best in amateur radio accessories.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads