General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 9282 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Conrad
(stranger )
04/25/03 09:23 AM
Invoice New Features  

It would be great to be able to "adjust" the invoice by crediting or debiting the amount owed. Example: recently I had a customer who was .70cents short in his payment. Instead of changing the shipping amount it would have been great to just "credit the invoice for .70" Or add any other extra fee's with the debit.

Also.. how about when emailing a request for payment or a payment received and ship date.. to have the invoice print in pdf format and attach it to the email.??

Thanks.

Thanks,
Conrad

rodgw
(Unregistered)
04/25/03 11:24 AM
Re: Invoice New Features new [re: Conrad]  

I agree, it would be nice to have an "active" box that would accept Pluses or Minuses to the invoice.
And maybe even an explaination field that could show up in the body of the invoice/shipping document.

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
04/25/03 03:15 PM
Re: Invoice New Features new [re: Conrad]  

You can input any payment amount you need - and aw2k will keep a running balance - even if they over-pay, which happens to me frequently. I recently "upgraded" my invoices after having a few people partially pay for multiple auction wins. I use the <#amountpaid> and <#balancedue> variables in invoice now (instead of just "total due").

I guess I don't understand why you'd adjust the shipping. If someone owes me $10.00, and they pay me $9.50, I record a $9.50 payment, and update their invoice which shows they still owe $.50. When they pay the .50, I just record another payment. You can have as many payments as you need (I guess until the balance is zero or negative). Maybe all they need to do is NOT grey out the payment button ever - so you could always enter an adjustment (it allows negative entries already).

I've also created a stock inventory item called "extra items", so when I get those special orders, addons, or custom orders I have an auction item i can manually add - then I give it whatever price and description it needs right on the invoice. That may be another solution for some of your adjustments...

Rich

Conrad
(stranger )
04/25/03 04:22 PM
Re: Invoice New Features new [re: Tradeguy]  

The "extra inventory item" is a great idea...! Thanks!!

On the invoice questions, an example customers were over/under the total and I just wanted to credit or debit their account to close the invoice with a balance of $0 instead of messing with the shipping or other $$ field. (a payment mistake)

I guess the extra item could also be done with a negative $$ amt? I'll give it a try...

Thanks,
Conrad

magicka
(newbie)
05/10/03 12:14 PM
Re: Invoice New Features new [re: rodgw]  

great idea - the "adjust" payment option, especially for shipping would be very helpful!

tradeguy, its helpful because very often a customer adds an item after the auction and when combining shipping the totals for the original shipping for both items do not jive, so while it is easy to actually make the adjustment it would be nice to show the adjustment and have a note what its for, like:

-$2.00 combined shipping

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads