General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 7912 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

iconoclast
(stranger )
01/20/04 11:59 PM
Closing Invoices  

Okay, I agree in general with many of the posters here-why isn't the software being updated with some very obvious changes (e.g. automatic e-mail checking and so on)??

My biggest issue, however, is with closing invoices. Why do we have to have a label printed? We do 30-50 sales a day and we use Federal Express software to print the shipping labels with barcodes. However, to close an invoice (mark it as "Feedback Not Left") I have to select "Print Shipping Labels and Invoices" in the Tasks pull-down menu. This feature wants to actually print the labels and invoices. For some reason unclear to me, AW2000 expects that all shipping labels are going to be printed out at the same time and not handled by some other method.

Isn't it obvious to everyone else that this is only one way of handling labels and invoices that may not be used by all (or even most) of us?

My workaround for this is to have the person handling closing the invoices change the printer properties to output to a file instead of an active port, but that's pretty clumsy. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

CSPtrader
(stranger )
01/23/04 09:31 AM
Re: Closing Invoices new [re: iconoclast]  

Along a similiar line as you are doing now, you can create a new printer attached to the NUL: port or device. Anything sent to it goes into the trash. By having a second printer defined, you would avoid the hassle of having to change the current printer to send to a file, selecting the file name, then deleting the file.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
01/26/04 02:29 PM
Re: Closing Invoices new [re: iconoclast]  

You have to go through the label printing process in order for the software to automatically advance the Status field on your Invoices. You do not actually have to print the labels. When you reach the "Shipping Label Print Queue" window at the end of the label printing process (Tasks | Print Shipping Labels and Invoices... on the menu bar) you can either print the labels, delete the labels or export the labels in CSV format. The Status of the Invoices have already been advanced by the time you reach that window.

Click the Print button to print the labels. To delete the labels click the Delete All... button. To export the labels in CSV format for use in third party shipping software click the Export... button.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

CSPtrader
(newbie)
02/27/04 11:51 AM
Re: Closing Invoices new [re: AuctionWizard]  

It would be nice if the program would accept 0 as an acceptable number of labels to "print", but still go through all of the rest of its machinations.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads