General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 5844 Previous threadView all threads**Threaded Mode

tangelino
(Unregistered)
03/02/05 04:37 PM
"Customizing" Invoice  

Hi,

Have been using AW2k for quite awhile and update everytime I get a message (Using 2.2 Build 222). Recently, I noticed that my previous "invoice" no longer includes a custom note that I had at the bottom to each buyer. I have tried "customizing" with the new format and have followed the directions in "help" but after I select the invoice I would like to use from the list, the "customize" box is grayed out and I am not able to add what I would like to my invoices. Can someone please tell me what to do or what I am doing wrong?

Any help appreciated.

TIA,
tangelino

MJ_Christensen
(stranger )
03/17/05 11:04 PM
Re: "Customizing" Invoice new [re: tangelino]  

Tia,

I had this problem when first starting to use version 2.2 myself. The problem is that you have to create a "customizable" invoice, and for some reason, you can't do this in the cusomize invoices screen.

Do the following:

Click "Tools - Reports"

On the top left of the screen it says "report types", select "printed invoices".

Below that list is a toggle of "Standard reports" and "custom reports". What you need to do is select one of the standard invoices, and select "customize". The software will now give you a message that you cannot customize a standard report, and ask you if you want to make a customizable copy. Select yes.

You can now customize your invoice from either the "customize invoices" screen or the "reports" screen. The interface is a little clunky, but once you get used to it, you will see that you can customize everything about the invoice, not just your note at the bottom.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

M.J.

M.J. Christensen
Technical Staff
Kiwiman's Collectibles
Boy Scout Patches and Other Collectibles on eBay
http://kiwiman1.net

Previous threadView all threads**Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads