General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 5984 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Product2Go
(stranger )
04/04/05 10:45 AM
Taxes  

My CPA has informed me I have to bill for taxes for any items I ship within the state of Washington. Does anyone else deal with in state taxes? AW2000 has a tax profile, but it does not seem to support a rule - such as bill for taxes based on a specific state? Any suggestions on how I should deal with this?

tictictic_OnEbay
(newbie)
09/21/05 01:55 AM
Re: Taxes new [re: Product2Go]  

I collect sales tax from my in-state buyers. I simply use two Congrats email templates -- one for in-state buyers (which I determine from the auction page after the auction ends; just need to know your state's zip code range) and one for everyone else. In Auction Profiles, set Auction Lot Defaults to Taxable, but AW will actually apply tax only when I check the Taxable and/or Buyer Taxable boxes on the Invoice page (I think setting the default to taxable just tells AW to FIGURE the tax and be ready to apply it). For in-state buyers, my Congrats template says:

To complete this transaction, please send a check or money order or Paypal for

<#TotalDue f=nc>

which INCLUDES <#SalesTax f=nc> California sales tax plus <#ShippingCost f=nc> for <#ShipVia> and any handling fees.

It goes on to say if the buyer has a resale permit to let me know and I'll email a certificate for them to sign and return.

But to answer your basic question, AW doesn't automate this. It isn't able to apply tax to a particular range of zip codes, but that would be a nice improvement, wouldn't it?

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads