General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 8804 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bevans
(stranger )
06/07/06 06:37 AM
Problem printing invoices  

Have been using Auction Wizard for years and it is the best! Just ran into a problem, though, and perhaps someone knows the answer :)

When I try to print my invoices, suddenly, I get the error message "TableReports: Field 'FolderNumber' not found" Tried doing a table rebuild and I got "Tables rebuilt successfully 89 Tables Rebuilt Unsuccessfully 1"

Any suggestions on how to proceed would sure be appreciated :)

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/07/06 08:36 AM
Re: Problem printing invoices new [re: bevans]  

Hi,

Isn't it just the best software program around!

You'll probably need to contact Thom at info@auctionwizard2000.com

You might try scanning your hard drive for errors, defrag and try to rebuild again before you email him. I have had rebuilds fail before, did the scan and then rebuild would successfully complete the 2nd time. You also might disable your anti virus and any Firewall when you rebuild.

If the rebuild fails the 2nd time, I would send a SOS to Thom :o) He is so good at search and recovery missions.

Judy/blue

bevans
(stranger )
06/07/06 08:43 AM
Re: Problem printing invoices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks, Judy! Appreciate the advice and will try before bothering Thom. Will post how it goes in case it might help someone else :)

Cheers
Barbara

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/07/06 08:49 AM

Barbara,

I hope it works. And do post the outcome. That will be helpful for everyone.

Judy/blue

bevans
(stranger )
06/08/06 05:57 AM
Re: Problem printing invoices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Okie doke...disabled firewall, closed all programs (including virus protection, etc.), defragged drive, rebuilt DB twice, still no luck :(

However, I finally solved the problem and posting it here in case it helps someone else :) I backed up my database into My Documents (NOT into AW2000 folder because I don't know if it would be deleted in the next step). Next, I uninstalled AW2000. Then re-installed it and did a Restore Database. Voila! Everything was back to pre-uninstall status and my invoices now print :)

Many thanks again for your help

Cheers
Barbara

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/08/06 10:21 AM

Hi, Barb,

Bummer about the rebuild not working the 2nd time around.

I agree, It is a better idea to backup to another folder other than the AW2000 folder. That way if something happens to AW2000 and the database, your backup is not stored in the AW2000 folder.

You may already do this but in case you don't. You might consider burning a hard copy of your database at least once a week, depending on how big your database is and how much data you enter in. I burn a hard copy to a DVD at least twice a week. And usually 3 times a week.

Too bad you had to re-install AW2000. Did you email Thom? I bet he could have done a "rescue mission" on your database. He is the best at putting something back together when "humpty dumpty falls off the wall" :o)

Have a great day

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads