General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 7309 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tcleach
(stranger )
06/29/06 11:16 AM
No buyer address & shipping info  

I am using the program for the first time. I am trying to generate an invoice for a winning bidder. When I clicked generate invoice, then go to the invoice screen, it shows the winning bid amount and the buyer e-mail address..that's it. It does not show the mailing address, user ID, or shipping amount. It should be pulling that info in auctomatically when the auction ends, correct? Thanks so much

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/29/06 11:45 AM
Re: No buyer address & shipping info new [re: tcleach]  

tcleach

Welcome!! Glad you asked. Don't panic, everything is working correctly. The only information supplied by eBay or Overstock for that matter, is the buyer's registered email address, user id, Item number and winning bid price. I realize the end of Auction emails contain the buyer's mailing address and user id. However, it is my experience that information is often not accurate.

So you have a couple of options available to you.
First, you can go to Task | Notify winning bidders. AW2000 will generate a really nice congratulations you have won please send me your name and address email that you can send to your buyer.

Second, You can elect to extract the buyer's name and address from either the End of Auction email Or the Paypal payment.

You choice will depend on how you want to run your auctions.

I will be happy to help you with whichever option you choose. Just let me know.

Judy/blue

tcleach
(stranger )
06/29/06 11:57 AM
Re: No buyer address & shipping info new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hmmmmm...seems like a bit time consuming. Are there any plans to automate this process like other programs do? Same with PayPal payments, will those be automated at any time such as with a "process paypal payments" button that will link by ebay item #? thanks so much for your quick replies :)

bluepennylady
(journeyman)
06/29/06 12:53 PM
Re: No buyer address & shipping info new [re: tcleach]  

tcleach,

Thanks for asking. Allow me a minute to address your questions and concerns.

The other programs which appear to be automated are not all they are cracked up to be. I do Beta testing and have tested most of them.

Auto loading names and addresses is not fool proof. The smallest API glitch can and does cause problems. Even if they tell you it doesn't, it does. I have experienced those glitches first hand and they were not easy to undo.

Auto associating Paypal payments to buyers invoices does not always work correctly. There are problems auto associating Paypal payments for multiple Store items. Those are a major pain to undo. And even if a payment is auto associated with the Invoice, the seller still has to go to the invoice to ship or perform other functions such as record payment.

Invoicing in the other programs is not at all flexible as it is in AW2000. Most cannot group winning bidder items from different Auction venues onto a single invoice. Nor is creating an invoice and adding Items to that invoice easy if a buyer requests.

The process in AW2000 is not in the least time consuming. There are actually a long list of benefits communicating with your buyers on a very personal level. Which is what AW2000 allows you to do.

The process in AW2000 allows you to provide a much higher level of customer service. Better customer service creates repeat buyers. Repeat buyers cost less to retain and maintain.

Many times, as in today on one of my auctions, the address displayed on the End of Auction is not correct nor is the email address as the buyer has recently moved. And they did not change their information at eBay. So my staff has to call them. If I were to use the End of Auction and send the item to the wrong shipping address, I would have a very mad buyer. And wrong addresses do occur. Quite frequently I might add.

There is another benefit of communicating directly with your buyer. Add on sales. If you eliminate the personal email touch, you will eliminate the opportunity for an add on sale. Buyer returns name and address along with a note, "If you have 2 of these, I would really like another." Sure be happy to, click Add invoice item, and your sale just increased. Just increased your bottom line.

Extracting the buyer's name and address from their reply to the Aw2000 email is easy. Highlight the name and address, hit the blue extract name and address button on the toolbar and voila, name and address are automatically filled into the appropriate fields.

Just about the same procedure using a Paypal payment. Asssociate the email with the correct invoice, highlight the name and address, hit the blue extract tool located on the toolbar and the fields are auto filled.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads