General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 32995 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
substance292
(newbie)
08/19/06 00:37 AM
Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID  

Hello everyone! I am creating a new invoice, adding the buyer as I go. Then I add the item. Where do I get an opportunity to edit the buyer's eBay ID? I ended up with the ID being the email address (which I entered). I'm lost :(

Any help would be appreciated!

- Cher

bluepennylady
(member)
08/19/06 01:23 AM
Re: Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID new [re: substance292]  

Hi, Cher,

Thanks for posting. Let me see if I can help you.

The User id field cannot be edited. The information for the User Id field is picked up from the auction site when the auctions are updated. And AW2000 will use the email address to complete the User Id field when adding Invoice items after manually created Invoices for a buyer who has not previously won an Auction from you. That is perfectly normal.

You didn't do anything incorrectly. That is the way it works. And if this buyer wins something from you next month AW2000 will still recognize them as a repeat buyer and automatically fill in the name and address when you generate Invoices as long as the buyer registered on eBay with the same email address you used when you manually created their Invoice.

Does that help? If it didn't, let me know and I'll try again.

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
08/19/06 02:42 AM
Re: Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy, thanks for the help. I was thinking, can't the email field be edited? If I were to put the user ID into the email field and then edit it after the invoice was created, would that work?

- Cher

bluepennylady
(member)
08/19/06 05:48 AM

Cher,

Yes the email address field can be edited. However, the first entry into that field is what is saved as the User Id. What I mean is, if you manually create an Invoice for a buyer using the email address, then add Invoice Items, the email address is copied into the User Id Field, The User Id Field is not editable.

What you can do, is manually create an Invoice using the buyer's name instead of using the buyer's email address. When the Invoice is created, add the User Id into the Email Address field. Then add an Invoice Item. After the first Invoice Item is added, you'll see the User Id copied into that field. Then edit the email address and add the correct email address. That would work.

Bottom line, after you add the first Invoice Item, you cannot force the User Id into the User Id field by editing the Email Address Field. Maybe I should say, at least I do not know of any method to edit the User Id field. Hummm, maybe I should go ask Thom about that one??

Maybe I should ask, what is it you are needing to do exactly. I mean I understand you have manually created an Invoice and added Invoice Item(s). Are you trying to be sure you have the buyer's User Id on record too?

Judy/blue

Edited by bluepennylady on 08/19/06 06:37 AM (server time).

substance292
(newbie)
08/19/06 04:48 PM

Hi Judy, that is just about what I did. It's just that if the user ID is missing I'm thinking I won't be able to leave feedback, and if the email address is missing I won't be able to send messages. How are SCO's usually handled? Thanks for all your help :)

- Cher

bluepennylady
(member)
08/19/06 07:17 PM

Cher,

When manually creating an Invoice for a buyer, there will be no feedback or rating to leave as those transactions will be outside the Auction venue. Invoices generated from Auction lots sold within the Auction venue will contain necessary information for submitting feedback/rating. Auction site, Auction Id number, User Id. So if you are manually creating an Invoice for a buyer and adding Invoice Items, that would indicate the items were sold outside of the Auction site. Does that make sense?

The email address should be added to the Invoice email address field if you create an Invoice using the Buyer's name instead of email address. Otherwise, you are correct, you cannot email the buyer.

I hope that helps a bit???

I know as soon as I post this I am going to feel silly but what is a SCO? Right now, I can't think of what it stands for

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(stranger )
08/20/06 05:22 AM

I hope you don't mind that I am sticking my nose into this thread - however there are instances where this problem does arise and it is necessary to leave feedback. I have run across this problem when someone does a "Make Best Offer" on an eBay stores item. In this case the transaction is not outside of eBay. Currently as you know AW2000 doesn't handle this type of transaction - at least in closing the auction. When the invoice is paid etc. it is time to leave feedback. Of course one could leave feedback the old fashioned way by logging onto eBay and doing it there. But with the great tool Thom has given us I just don't want to go back to the "old way". Anyway Judy - what you have suggested about using the user ID instead of the email address works. When the need to do this for me that is the way I do it. I then just edit it on the invoice and once it is closed out and then the buyer purchases another item the correct info magically appears. However, today with the Stores situation such as it is and the hassle of the "Make Your Best Offer" this problem may not be a valid situation any more for a lot of us. Again, sorry for sticking my nose in here but just wanted to add my two cents worth.

Garry
AquilaStamps

bluepennylady
(member)
08/20/06 05:32 AM
Re: Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Thanks for sticking your nose in!! See 2 heads are better than 1. Plus it is good to hear from you!!

And you are quite right, then information does magically appear the next time the buyer wins an Auction. Which I dearly love. My buyers think I have this Elephant type memory, never forget anything. They don't know my Aw2K remembers them for me.

Now can you tell me what "SCO" means?? I am going to feel like a retard when I find out. But I haven't figured it out yet. So any ideas???

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/20/06 01:20 PM

Judy:

ummmmmmmmmm - maybe "Second Chance Offer"? At least that's what I've taken SCO to mean. Could be something else though

Send Cash Only
Send Clothes Out
Selling Cool Offerings
Small Car Outside

Hope all is going well with you and yours and it's good to chat with you again.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/20/06 01:25 PM

Judy:

If Cher was asking about second chances on eBay - she won't have to do anything 'cause all of the information comes on down to AW2000 when the person accepts the offer. I have quite a few SCO's and have never had a problem invoicing etc when they accept the offer. At least that's what I think Cher wants info on.

Garry

bluepennylady
(member)
08/20/06 01:53 PM

Garry,

GEEEE I drew an absolute complete blank on SCO. I couldn't pull that up out of my memory banks for nothing. I even sat down with paper and pencil trying to figure it out. Good grief! I told you I would feel like a retard

Yes you are right. The Second Chance offer is created on eBay. In AW2K you create an Auction lot, paste the Auction id, then update the lot and generate an Invoice as normal. So all the information is stored in AW2000 as usual.

We are all doing fine on my side of the world. Hubby home of the weekend. I took off Saturday and ran around with him as he has to leave again to go back to the coast. More Catrina work. Glad to hear you all are doing great!

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
08/21/06 07:42 AM

Hi Judy & Garry, thanks for all the great info! For some reason I didn't get emails about this thread anymore and I thought there weren't any new posts!

Yes, it is 'second chance offer' that I was referring to. Took me a while to figure that out too. So for that all I do is make another invoice with the same auction lot number? So easy! Is there a way to automatically send emails to all the bidders of an item?

I also put the user ID in for email and generated a manual invoice that way. Had the same problem with items actually won in auctions but AW2K wasn't picking them up. I'm the same way, Garry, there's got to be some way to automate it :) I don't have any problems with the program, I have problems with my own screw-ups. Keeps life interesting I guess. Just renewed the license for another year!

Hope you all are having a great Monday!

- Cher

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/21/06 09:16 AM

Cher:
Here is how I do a SCO and it makes it easier invoicing etc. When I send a SCO i copy down the auction ID number. Then I use the copy auction button (at the top tool bar it is a red and green box with a curved arrow - DUPLICATE LOT). Then in the auction ID line I paste in the SCO ID number and click "ON LINE" for status. Once they accept the second chance I go to that auction and hit CONTROL+D. It updates the auction and then I simply click generate an invoice. And all of the "stuff" is there on the invoice. Also if I'm fortunate enough to have more than one SCO for the same item I simply duplicate the lot as many times as I have offers and each one gets the auction ID number for that person. I know reading it that the system seems long and involved but it really is quite fast. In fact it's a lot faster than messing around trying to make an invoice for something that doesn't have an auction lot etc. Hope this helps. If all winners are true winners of an auction not just someone you want to give an SCO to - then it is possible to send emails to all of them because each will have an invoice. Otherwise you can "contact the bidder" on the eBay page. But, remember eBay really frowns on sending an email with an offer to sell. They actually more than frown they will ask you to go away for a while and in some cases have banned someone for doing that.

Have a great day today and keep on keeping on with AW2000 - it will be your best piece of software after a while. It can do a lot of great things to help in the daily struggle with eBaying.

Garry

bluepennylady
(member)
08/21/06 09:18 AM

Cher,

Humm, I don't know why you didn't receive a response email for the post I made in response to you. You won't receive emails for the post I responded back to Garry. You only receive emails for a response immediately following your post. Does that make any sense at all??

And if you post something and you don't get a response, Well post again in BOLD letters yelling for help. Normally I see all the posts. Or I try to keep watch anyway. Sometimes you need to yell to get my attention.

If you have a Second Chance offer, you must create the Auction on ebay first, then create the Auction lot in AW2000. paste the auction id into the Auction id field and change the status to online. Manually update the auction lot. You can manually update a single Auction lot by going to that Auction lot and using Ctrl+D. Then generate the Invoice.

Yes you can send out emails to all Invoices whose Status is "Buyer Not Contacted" Go to Tasks | Notify winning bidders. The default winning bidder email you specified for each Auction Profile when you set up AW2000 will be automatically generated. Hit Ok and then Send email.

You can even send out Second Notice emails to any buyers that have not responded within the time frame you specified when you set up your Auction profile. Both the time frame and the default emails can be changed at any time by going to File | Auction Profile and changing the settings.

What do you mean by "Auction Wizard was not picking them up??" Do you mean A2000 was not storing information for Sold Updated Auction lots? What information did not store correctly? OR do you mean that AW2000 did not recognize a buyer as being a repeat buyer??

My Monday is going along pretty good. Hope yours is as well!!

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(member)
08/21/06 09:40 AM

Hi,

Sniped by Garry

I like that "Duplicate" button myself. Use that thing I don't even know how many times a day for one reason or the other.

For the most part, unless absolutely necessary we do not use the eBay email system. My staff does answer all the inquiries that come in, Question to seller or ebay member, etc. Outside of that, all buyer correspondences are sent from the Buyer's AW2000 Invoice. Very seldom do is it necessary to use eBay or Overstock's email system for communication. I added a statement about adding my email address to their address book so we can communicate etc etc. And that seems to work. Buyers email back on the AW2000 emails.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/21/06 10:31 AM

Judy:

Sorry :( didn't mean to step on your post. Funny isn't it - for all the hours in a day and all the stuff we're all doing - posting at the same time. Anyway, the duplicate lot button is a Godsend to me also. I use it even when I have something similar - it's far easier to use that and make a quick change in the description area or simply change a photo. It saves time and also it sure saves on stupid phrasing in a description. I don't know how many times I've had a live auction that has had a word left out. As my secretary used to say "I spell checked it".
As for the mailing system - I too hardly ever use eBay's system. One reason is that I don't have any record of my reply and the other is that you are hidden behind the protective cover of eBay and that sometimes isn't all that great. Even if someone sends me a message on eBay it is picked up by regular email and I take care of it there. I think the best part of emailing customers and prospective customers via AW2000 is that there is a permanent record of what you said and when you said it. I actually have backed up in archive all emails (along with other stuff) going back to 1998. Ya never know when they might come in handy. Actually haven't had to refer back that far but one day ...

Hope your day is going well.

Garry

bluepennylady
(member)
08/21/06 10:36 AM

Garry,

I thought it was funny too. Getting sniped on the AW2000 board

Another reason I do not use eBay or Overstock's email system is add on sales or returning buyers requesting more of a product. Once I get them off eBay or Overstock's email system, the buyer's email me directly. Which is great. Almost every day of the week, a buyer emails back on the Aw2000 shipping notice or Feedback Thanks wanting to know if I have any more of that perfect little goody they won. Well, of course I do. Click add Invoice for buyer, Click add Inventory Item, add the shipping charge, send Total amount due to the buyer. They pay, I ship and we are good to go. Yep I like the AW2000 emails.

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
09/01/06 09:36 PM

Hi Judy & Garry,

It's been a while since you answered my question & I just wanted to do a quick post to thank you two. You guys are amazing! I appreciate your advice so much!! Somewhere in reading your replies a light bulb went on and it all seemed so simple......

Anyway, I have been busy and everything has been working wonderfully. Thank you guys so much!

Have a great holiday weekend!

- Cher

bluepennylady
(member)
09/01/06 10:30 PM

Cher,

I am so glad. Isn't it funny how the smallest thing can often make an entire process seem easy.

I hope you have a really nice weekend too. 'Holler" if you need more help.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
09/01/06 10:58 PM

Cher:

It's so kewl when that light bulb finally comes on isn't it? I'm glad you found your answers here on the board. Usually if a user runs into a problem someone else has had it and is more than willing to share their solution.

Sounds as if you've been busy working with AW2K and that's good especially when everything is working the way you want it.

You also have a good holiday weekend.

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads