General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 33066 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
substance292
(newbie)
08/19/06 00:37 AM
Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID  

Hello everyone! I am creating a new invoice, adding the buyer as I go. Then I add the item. Where do I get an opportunity to edit the buyer's eBay ID? I ended up with the ID being the email address (which I entered). I'm lost :(

Any help would be appreciated!

- Cher

bluepennylady
(member)
08/19/06 01:23 AM
Re: Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID new [re: substance292]  

Hi, Cher,

Thanks for posting. Let me see if I can help you.

The User id field cannot be edited. The information for the User Id field is picked up from the auction site when the auctions are updated. And AW2000 will use the email address to complete the User Id field when adding Invoice items after manually created Invoices for a buyer who has not previously won an Auction from you. That is perfectly normal.

You didn't do anything incorrectly. That is the way it works. And if this buyer wins something from you next month AW2000 will still recognize them as a repeat buyer and automatically fill in the name and address when you generate Invoices as long as the buyer registered on eBay with the same email address you used when you manually created their Invoice.

Does that help? If it didn't, let me know and I'll try again.

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
08/19/06 02:42 AM
Re: Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy, thanks for the help. I was thinking, can't the email field be edited? If I were to put the user ID into the email field and then edit it after the invoice was created, would that work?

- Cher

bluepennylady
(member)
08/19/06 05:48 AM

Cher,

Yes the email address field can be edited. However, the first entry into that field is what is saved as the User Id. What I mean is, if you manually create an Invoice for a buyer using the email address, then add Invoice Items, the email address is copied into the User Id Field, The User Id Field is not editable.

What you can do, is manually create an Invoice using the buyer's name instead of using the buyer's email address. When the Invoice is created, add the User Id into the Email Address field. Then add an Invoice Item. After the first Invoice Item is added, you'll see the User Id copied into that field. Then edit the email address and add the correct email address. That would work.

Bottom line, after you add the first Invoice Item, you cannot force the User Id into the User Id field by editing the Email Address Field. Maybe I should say, at least I do not know of any method to edit the User Id field. Hummm, maybe I should go ask Thom about that one??

Maybe I should ask, what is it you are needing to do exactly. I mean I understand you have manually created an Invoice and added Invoice Item(s). Are you trying to be sure you have the buyer's User Id on record too?

Judy/blue

Edited by bluepennylady on 08/19/06 06:37 AM (server time).

substance292
(newbie)
08/19/06 04:48 PM

Hi Judy, that is just about what I did. It's just that if the user ID is missing I'm thinking I won't be able to leave feedback, and if the email address is missing I won't be able to send messages. How are SCO's usually handled? Thanks for all your help :)

- Cher

bluepennylady
(member)
08/19/06 07:17 PM

Cher,

When manually creating an Invoice for a buyer, there will be no feedback or rating to leave as those transactions will be outside the Auction venue. Invoices generated from Auction lots sold within the Auction venue will contain necessary information for submitting feedback/rating. Auction site, Auction Id number, User Id. So if you are manually creating an Invoice for a buyer and adding Invoice Items, that would indicate the items were sold outside of the Auction site. Does that make sense?

The email address should be added to the Invoice email address field if you create an Invoice using the Buyer's name instead of email address. Otherwise, you are correct, you cannot email the buyer.

I hope that helps a bit???

I know as soon as I post this I am going to feel silly but what is a SCO? Right now, I can't think of what it stands for

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(stranger )
08/20/06 05:22 AM

I hope you don't mind that I am sticking my nose into this thread - however there are instances where this problem does arise and it is necessary to leave feedback. I have run across this problem when someone does a "Make Best Offer" on an eBay stores item. In this case the transaction is not outside of eBay. Currently as you know AW2000 doesn't handle this type of transaction - at least in closing the auction. When the invoice is paid etc. it is time to leave feedback. Of course one could leave feedback the old fashioned way by logging onto eBay and doing it there. But with the great tool Thom has given us I just don't want to go back to the "old way". Anyway Judy - what you have suggested about using the user ID instead of the email address works. When the need to do this for me that is the way I do it. I then just edit it on the invoice and once it is closed out and then the buyer purchases another item the correct info magically appears. However, today with the Stores situation such as it is and the hassle of the "Make Your Best Offer" this problem may not be a valid situation any more for a lot of us. Again, sorry for sticking my nose in here but just wanted to add my two cents worth.

Garry
AquilaStamps

bluepennylady
(member)
08/20/06 05:32 AM
Re: Boy do I need help with buyer's eBay ID new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Thanks for sticking your nose in!! See 2 heads are better than 1. Plus it is good to hear from you!!

And you are quite right, then information does magically appear the next time the buyer wins an Auction. Which I dearly love. My buyers think I have this Elephant type memory, never forget anything. They don't know my Aw2K remembers them for me.

Now can you tell me what "SCO" means?? I am going to feel like a retard when I find out. But I haven't figured it out yet. So any ideas???

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/20/06 01:20 PM

Judy:

ummmmmmmmmm - maybe "Second Chance Offer"? At least that's what I've taken SCO to mean. Could be something else though

Send Cash Only
Send Clothes Out
Selling Cool Offerings
Small Car Outside

Hope all is going well with you and yours and it's good to chat with you again.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(newbie)
08/20/06 01:25 PM

Judy:

If Cher was asking about second chances on eBay - she won't have to do anything 'cause all of the information comes on down to AW2000 when the person accepts the offer. I have quite a few SCO's and have never had a problem invoicing etc when they accept the offer. At least that's what I think Cher wants info on.

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads