General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 10081 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/19/06 01:03 PM
Invoice correction  

I just completed my first sale with this program and have a question. I modified the invoice to change the quantity from 1 to 5 and entered my shipping cost of $7.99. I printed the invoice out and it looked fine with a total of $30. That auction is now "Sold and shipped" When I print out invoices in the Reports section today it shows an invoice of $37.99 less the amount Paid of $30 and a balance Due of 7.99. The total should have been $30 (5 x $6) with the shipping included. How do I correct the error and get the $7.99 in my cost instead of it showing Due from the buyer. I think my original problem is I did not Post the invoice after I made the correctons to it. I was also checking the "Invoice Item Profit by Invoice" and the $7.99 is in the shipping income field instead of the shipping expense field which is the basic problem. Where should I have enter my shipping cost for the item .

Thanks

Alex

moonstruck22
(stranger )
09/19/06 01:24 PM
Re: Invoice correction new [re: Anonymous]  

Ok I will give this a shot.
From what I can tell you are offering free shipping within the auction if that is correct. In the "auction window" you would enter $0.00 or nothing.

To keep track of your actual shipping cost go to the INVOICE WINDOW and click on the FEES tab. There you can enter your actual shipping costs and they will be reflected in the reports as an expense.

I hope this answers your question.

Moonstruck22

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/19/06 01:41 PM

Hi

I finallly figured it out.

Thanks

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/19/06 08:02 PM

Hi, Alex,

You got it all fixed?? Reports and the Invoice in question?

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
09/20/06 12:49 PM
Re: Invoice correction new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy

Yes, I finally figured it out. I do have another question though. Can I enter a sale that was done off line so I can keep my records straight?

Thanks

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/20/06 01:06 PM

Alex,

That's great. I am glad you figured it out.

Yes, you may absolutely record sales in AW2000 outside of the Auction venue. I do it on a daily basis. There are a couple of options to you. Which option you choose depends on how you want to track sales.

One option is to simply enter in the total amount someone has paid into the Ledger and reduce the qty in stock in the Inventory Items manually by how many you sold.

Second option (which is what I do) is manually create an Invoice for the buyer, add the Invoice items, record the payment, ship the item and close the Invoice. Using this method automatically reduces your Qty in Stock in the Inventory Items. And adds the buyer into your database in case the buyer wins something at a later date.

You can manually create an Invoice by clicking the "+" sign on the toolbar. Select "Add new buyer" if it is a new buyer. Or choose a buyer from existing records. You do not have to have an email address to add the buyer. Often times I use the buyers' name instead. Then after the Invoice is created, I put the buyer's User Id into the email address field BEFORE adding an Invoice item. That way the user id is stored into the database. After I add an Invoice item, I'll delete the User id from the email address field on the Invoice and enter in the buyer's email address. Then follow normal workflow. Package, quote shipping, record payment, shipping notice.

We add Invoice Items to buyer's Invoices on a daily basis, which is one of the great things about using AW2000 instead of an eBay or Overstock tool. I can add whatever a buyer wants. No auction fees or Final Value Fees :o)

Hope that makes sense. If not, let me know and I will try again.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/20/06 01:14 PM

Alex,

If you should need help and I don't get right back to you this afternoon, it is because I am currently sitting on the floor in surgery waiting in St Louis MO. My sister had major surgery today and I am with my family. I will be back online later tonight so I can help you then.

Judy/blue

windquest
(stranger )
09/21/06 05:26 AM

Hi Judy

I will opt for the second method which make good sense to me. Hope the surgery goes fine for your sister.

Alex

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
09/21/06 05:35 AM
Re: Invoice correction new [re: windquest]  

Alex,

Thank you. So far so good with my sister.

I thought you might like the second option better. You will truly like the ability to not only add additional Invoice Items to a buyer's Invoice but also being able to manually create Invoices and add anything you need to it. As long as the goody is in AW2K, you can add it. In fact, we have actually sold product we had not got around to putting in the computer yet. So whoever was working on the Invoice, would just create an Inventory Item, add a quick Auction title, start price. No description or images, click add it to the Invoice and we are done.

Let me know if you need more help.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads