General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 9168 Previous threadView all threads**Threaded Mode

superbuy
(stranger )
10/05/06 12:56 PM
How do I import the buyers name/address from eBay?  

Hi Everyone,

I've been testing out the trial and like what I have seen so far. I'm trying to see if there is a way to import the buyers name & address directly into AW2K from eBay. Right now I'm having to cut and paste the buyers name and address from my Paypal invoices. I'm sure there is a simpler way to do this. Thanks..

Larry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/05/06 01:04 PM
Re: How do I import the buyers name/address from eBay? new [re: superbuy]  

Larry,

Welcome!! I am so glad you are trying out AW2K.. It is a nice piece of software

Yes there is a very easy method to extract names and addys into AW2K.

From the email tab, click on and open a Paypal payment. You are now in the Email reader window. Scroll down and highlight all of the buyer's name and address. You will then see a "blue" envelope icon with a down arror on it become active. When you place your mouse over it, the tool tip "Store buyer address" appears. Hit that button and boom the info is stored for you.

You may also access that feature by highlight and right click?Store buyer address" from pop up menu. Or from menu > Message> Store buyer address.

Hope that helps. Remember, AW2K is a windows based program Right clicks almost always have options as well.

Judy/blue

superbuy
(stranger )
10/05/06 01:25 PM
Re: How do I import the buyers name/address from e new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Thank you so much for the tips. This is so much easier than logging into my Paypal account and cut and pasting the info back into AW2K.

This brings up another question. How do you handle buyers who do not use paypal? Where do you get their name and address from without having to request it from eBay? Are you using eBay's checkout and invoicing?

Thanks,
Larry

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/05/06 01:35 PM
Re: How do I import the buyers name/address from e new [re: superbuy]  

Larry,

In order to determine how to best obtain the buyer's name and address, you'll need to determine how you wish to manage your auctions.

If you use the Shipping options, more times than not, the buyer either submits payment immediately after the auction closes. Or sends you the eBay notice stating: "I will be sending money order, etc shortly" The lower portion of that email contains the buyer's name and address along with the shipping method and amount they are sending.

For the few buyers that do not send payment notices or submit a Paypal payment, we send a modified winning bidder notification from AW2K. The email has been modified to reflect the need to use the shipping calculator. Or that they should send me a their name and address back as a reply and then we quote shipping.

Does that make sense?

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/20/06 04:21 PM
Re: How do I import the buyers name/address from eBay? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy ..Iam looking at this reply you gave to Larry. Iam a little dense so bear with me. "From the email tab, click on and open a Paypal payment" I see the email tab in AW2K but when I click on it I see nothing. It has to be something simple!
Bob

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/20/06 04:28 PM
Re: How do I import the buyers name/address from eBay? new [re: Anonymous]  

Hi, Bob,

No worries. You will get the hang of it.

First, have you loaded email into Auction Wizard 2000? When you click on the email tab, look along the top tool bar. There is a little red checkmark on top of an envelope. That is the Check email tool. When you click it, AW2000 will retrieve email.

Now here is the catch. If you use any email client at all to load email onto your computer, you will have to change a setting in order for there to be any email to retrieve in AW2000. Most email clients Advanced settings are not set to leave a copy of email on the server. So once email is loaded into Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Incredibmail, etc, the email is gone off the server. And there is nothing there for AW2000 to retrieve.

So let's be sure you can load email into AW2000 first. Then I will certainly be happy to help you extract the buyer's name and addy into AW2000.

Hit the "check email" red checkmark icon in the Email tab. Is there any email loaded?

By the way, I will be in and out this evening for a while. So it will take me a bit to respond to your posts until later this evening.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threads**Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads