General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 27598 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/14/07 11:31 AM
Re: Can't print invoices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Breaking news :

Thom replied that, "It looks like the report files may be damaged. The report files can be replaced."

He included a zip file, but my daughter doesn't have a compression utility (doesn't XP come with some sort of built-in unzipping program??), so she'll need to download one before proceeding. To be continued......

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/14/07 12:39 PM
Re: Can't print invoices new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Have her download WinZip from Cnet. It will download quickly, the utility is easy to use. Now it isn't free. But it is free to download. And you can use it for 45 days or so before the "you need to pay" prompts appear.

If she needs help figuring out how to extract the files using WinZip let me know,

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/14/07 01:50 PM

That's exactly what I told her to do.

I've had a copy of WinZip for many years. I paid for it about three computers ago, but the copy I have now (8.0) always reminds me it's for evaluation purposes only, and as long as I hit the "I agree" button, I can keep using it. It never seems to expire.

I also sent her Download.com lists of other compression utilities, including a bunch that are freeware.

No word back from her yet (she's got a three-year-old who keeps her pretty busy), but I'll let you know what happens.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/14/07 02:12 PM

Sue,

YIKES!! A three year old. Boy am I glad I am way past the three year old stage. I can't imagine chasing three year olds again. Well at least full time. Grandkids are enough for me

Maybe she can zip the three year old up for a while??? I always tried to zip mine up but it never worked. Those boys could wiggle out of anything

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/14/07 08:42 PM

Got this reply from her a little while ago:

Yeah, turns out this computer came with one (or XP did). I'm still accustomed to the Win95 program we had before and we didn't have the ability to unzip.

Did what he [Thom] asked and it worked like a charm (insert angelic singing here).

So all is well in distant-daughterland.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/15/07 02:53 AM

Sue,

Cool! I knew Thom would get her fixed up for sure. I like her angelic singing. That's about the way one feels after working on a problem and Thom simply says, "It looks like this or that. Do this" and boom its fixed

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads