General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 32024 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
lindanorby
(stranger )
05/07/07 11:01 AM
Re: Thumbnail picture on invoice new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy, I'm sort of feeling my way around...at first I opened my other computer in the same window, then I got off somehow, and went back and opened it in another window so I could see both computers. I started getting worried and tried to figure out how to log out...wasn't exactly sure so I just shut down the computer down stairs. I think.

I am on a wireless...I think the lady who set it up set it up with some sort of security but I'll have to find out. I did notice that when I had my other computer opened it started out with https:// instead of http:// does that mean it was secure?

Like you, I don't use the same passwords for everything...but I swear I'm getting so confused at all the passwords I have. I saw something on tv about some kind of card you can get where you store your passwords and then just pop it into the computer. Do you know anything about that? Thx.

Linda

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/07/07 11:21 AM
Re: Thumbnail picture on invoice new [re: lindanorby]  

Linda,

Remembering passwords can be a challenge that's for sure

https means you are on a secure website. To Disconnect your computer, there is a "disconnect" icon along the left side of the main window.

Sometimes I open the computer in a different window and sometimes not, Depends on what I am doing. You can do whatever works best for you.

Finding out about the security for your wireless is a good idea. But remember, someone would need not only the user id and password to your logmein account but the password to your computer as well in order to actually access it. There are two layers of security.

Since you are using your own laptop for access, you will probably be okay. The security problems are a real concern when you use a public computer for accessing accounts and eBay etc. I don't think I ever use a public computer anymore as I keep my laptop with me. Can't remember the last time I used a public computer anyway.

I am glad you like the logmein. I like it and it does work like you are working in front of your computer. Which is a real plus. Not all remote access applications are that quick. Some are like cold molasses.

Judy/blue

Ned
(newbie)
05/07/07 12:53 PM

Honest, I was going to respond to this thread even before I read the "techy guru" in the last post, he said modestly.

If you have a LOT of passwords and logins to remember, consider getting a PDA. It has many other uses as well, completely replacing your DayTimer for one thing, but the password problem might be the tipping point for you to get a PDA.

I use a program called Splash ID on my Palm T5 PDA. It's a "password vault". Splash ID encrypts all its data. You use a master password to get into the program, at which point you can select the account info you want to view. It also can generate passwords for you. Since it can remember all the passwords, and it makes it easy for you to generate randomized passwords, SplashID increases the likelihood that you'll do it right--that is, with good long passwords and unique ones for each different login.

I have both SplashID on the Palm and SplashID for Windows. Maybe the Windows version alone, running on your laptop, would be a good solution. It's fairly cheap insurance.

FWIW, I think the various remote operation products (like LogMeIn, Webex, or GoToMyPC) are adequately secure.

Remember that if you just want to run AW2K somewhere else in your house, a second AW2K license is cheaper and more secure.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/07/07 01:13 PM
Re: Thumbnail picture on invoice new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

I have thought about a PDA for the passwords before. I do have a password program compliments of a friend that is really good for passwords. I have it on my laptop. Works really well for keeping passwords all sorted out for me. And then there is the good 'ole filing cabinet system. Write them all down and keep a file folder with hard copies of all your accounts. YIKES! That can be a mess.

Even at work I use my logmein account as I do not have a network cable at the front register. And although I do have wireless, it is maddenly slow. I am completely use to fiber optics which is super fast. So it is faster to use my laptop on wireless. Log into logmein and access my office computer to work. I'll do that until I get the new ethernet cable ran up front. Then I can multi task. Take care of auctions, wait on customers and run the front register all at once.

I wanna a raise

Judy/blue

Ned
(newbie)
05/07/07 01:45 PM

Does anyone else see "logmein" and think of Chinese food?

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/07/07 01:48 PM
Re: Thumbnail picture on invoice new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Geez, you mention FOOD!!! I am famished. So everything reminds me of food right now.

BUT--- yes it does make you think of Chinese food now that you mention it. HUMMMM, perhaps I should suggest to Dale he take me to the Chinese restaurant tonight. Sounds like a good idea to me

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads