General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 32023 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 01:43 PM
Thumbnail picture on invoice  

I think there's no way to do this, but thught I'd ask anyway. I'd like to include a small thumbnail picture of the auction item on my invoice. Is there anyway to do this efficiently? Thanks.

Linda

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 02:16 PM
Re: Thumbnail picture on invoice new [re: lindanorby]  

Linda,

You can display your logo or company picture on the printed invoices but I don't believe there is any way to display thumbnails of each Invoice item on every Invoice. Images or Pictures used in the reports must be bitmap, ico, emf or wmf files. Images saved to Inventory or Auction lots are Jpeg. You can convert those image files by saving the images to a file on your hard drive. But that is time consuming.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 02:22 PM
Re: Thumbnail picture on invoice new [re: bluepennylady]  

Yes...very helpful. Saving the gallery picture in a format the invoice template likes would be easy enough when I'm doing the original files...however, inserting the picture for each and every individual invoice is - well, I shudder to think how long that would take.

Thank you !!

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 02:26 PM

Linda,

Just customize a Printed Invoice and use the "Image".

Or the database image. The right click offers the options available for the images.

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 02:35 PM

Judy, I think I tried this before and it didn't work...but I'm going to give it another go tomorrow when I get to my other computer in my office. I wish I had these computers networked. I can't work on any Auction Wizard stuff on my laptop.

Linda

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 03:04 PM

Linda,

I work on AW2000 at my work from home. Try using http://www.logmein.com Several of us have been messing around with it. Works really well. And the best part, one version is absolutely free.

As long as the computer at work is on, you can work on it from whereever you have Internet connectivity. I have used webex for a long time but it is not Vista compatible and it has been getting increasingly slower and slower. The logmein is really fast.

Give it a whirl. You'll like it.

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 03:23 PM

Oh wow...I just created and account. But I did it from my laptop, and I have to do this on my other computer and make it the remote computer I want to access. Thank You Very Much!

Linda

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 03:26 PM

Linda,

Oops. Should have told you that But after you get to work tomorrow, you can set up all the computers you want.

You can use the free account for however many computers you want. But there are things you cannot do such as remote printing. If all you need to do is work remotely free works just hunky dorey!!!

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/07/07 10:34 AM

Judy,

This really is incredible...I'm working on my office computer from my laptop going through Log Me In...it's so fast, it's like I'm actually on the other computer.

A question...it seemed so darned easy to do this that I'm now worried that other people can do it too...is there any chance someone can sneak in and get hold of my computer(s)?

Linda

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/07/07 10:44 AM

Linda,

Security is always an issue. That is why it is so vital to never submit passwords, etc via email to any requests. Or to never give that information to anyone. It is also a good idea to change your passwords. Everyone changes their at different times. I change mine. And I do not use the same passwords for Auctions, Paypal or my remote access accounts. All are different.

Keep in mind there are two layers of security for the remote access.

First, you have to sign into your account at Log me in to even see the computers to which you have access.

Second, you must sign into each computer individually in order to access that computer.

always be sure you disconnect when leaving logmein and then logout of your account even though you are using your own computer. It is just a good habit to get into. Clean up your Internet temp, history and cookies on your computer at least once a week,

If you are on a wireless router, you can change the settings on the router to access numbers that make the connection more secure. And then you can change the numbers ever so often. Here at work I do have wireless although my network is hard wired. I only turn on the wireless router when I must. Otherwise it does not run.

I am sure some of the techy gurus have other suggestions for security as well.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads