General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 11012 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Ned
(member)
06/29/07 11:35 AM
Print packing slips on your label printer.  

I've modified a Printed Invoice to create a packing slip which prints on the 4x6 labels of a Zebra/Eltron printer.

Yeah, the labels are more expensive, but this method is convenient and the packing-slip-on-a-label looks kinda like the big boys.

If you're interested in the template, send me your email address in a private message.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/29/07 11:47 AM
Re: Print packing slips on your label printer. new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Send me the template. I would like to see it!!

Judy/blue

Ned
(member)
06/29/07 12:01 PM
Re: Print packing slips on your label printer. new [re: bluepennylady]  

Done. Anyone else?

Ned

Ned
(member)
07/17/07 08:10 AM

Hey people who requested this template (you know who you are).

Any comments?

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/17/07 08:33 AM

Ned,

ummm, well, you see, I, uhhh, was sort of playing all weekend and didn't work on anything at all

I went to my granddaughter's swim meet. Worked Lane 6 as a timer. Since I use to coach at the pool where the meet was held, it was super fun! And I didn't check out the template.

Okay, I will go to my room with no ice cream today

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
07/23/07 04:22 AM

Ned:
I liked the idea a lot. After looking at your 2nd template I did some redesign to fit my circumstances. It went into "testing" this past week. I've already got one change I want to make but your idea was really good. It has one of thos "big boy" looks to it. Also it can be more than show - it is helpful 'cause I've added any special mailing instructions as a double check. Thanks for sharing

Garry

Ned
(member)
07/25/07 09:38 AM
Re: Print packing slips on your label printer. new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Bugs in the design, discovered while printing a packing slip with 14 line items:

1. The complete header, from the Packing Slip line to the Ship Date line, prints on every page. Wasteful.

2. The column headings for the detail (Auction ID line plus the horizontal line below) only print on the first page. Should print on every page.

3. No "Page 1 of 2".

I'm thinking the packing list on a label might work better printed in landscape--6x4 rather than 4x6. Each line item takes up 2 lines in 4x6. This could be one line on 6x4, more readable and more compact.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/25/07 10:20 AM

Ned,

You might try reducing the font size to see if more items will print onto a single page.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads