General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 10658 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mouse
(stranger )
08/03/07 01:48 PM
paid by check  

It's the newbie again!
I just received a payment by check for 2 items. My mind has gone blank! What's the first thing you do when you receive payment by check? I might be better off to stop Selling Manager Pro & just go to AW2000....maybe that's why it's confusing! I'm going back & forth between the two!
Thanks for any help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/03/07 01:54 PM
Re: paid by check new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

No worries. All of us have those days

First what is your posted policy in your Terms of Sale concerning check payments? Whatever timeframe you have specified is what you use.

Go to the buyer's Invoice in AW2000. Click on the green "$" sign on the toolbar. The amount on the check should match what is displayed in the Record Income dialog box. If not, adjust it.
Select Personal Check in the Payment method field.
Select the date you will ship. Ten days away, or 15 days or whatever timeframe you have specified.
You should have the "Send payment received email" selected. But you will want to click the drop down and select the Payment received without ship date--"Check held" email template instead. As it reads appropriately for a check payment.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Ned
(member)
08/03/07 02:02 PM
Re: paid by check new [re: bluepennylady]  

Question at 1:48. Answer at 1:54.

Like I said, eerie.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/03/07 02:44 PM
Re: paid by check new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

What can I say. I move at the speed of light. But today, I have been in front of a computer since before 6:00 am doing something or the other. So it is easy to watch the board. And I just hate to leave someone hanging if they have a problem. I remember that panic feeling I use to get when something went haywire

Judy/blue

mouse
(stranger )
08/03/07 03:41 PM

I'm glad you remember those "panic" feelings!! I've been having those!
Mickey

mouse
(stranger )
08/03/07 03:49 PM

Another question! I have 2 separate invoices for this one buyer & each invoice is double the amount they really owe. I imported auctions from ebay earlier, would this have something to do with that? It's not a big deal right now (since I still have Selling Manager), but how would I fix this? I can't just delete one of the invoices. Geez...my reports are going to be all mixed up!
Thanks!
MIckey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/03/07 08:23 PM

Mickey,

Are the two invoices for the identical Auction lots? And what is double the amount owed? Sub-total, shipping?

When you imported the first time, did you generate Invoices then as AW2000 prompted?

Your reports will most likely not be accurate the first week you use AW2000. But if you use AW2000 from start to finish, the reports will be fine.

Judy/blue

mouse
(stranger )
08/03/07 09:23 PM

When I imported the first time I don't remember generating invoices, but maybe I did. If I get a double invoice again, I'll let you know! Maybe I'm doing the steps right now so I won't have that problem!
I just have to practice sending some emails now! You & Ned have me sold on AW2000!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/04/07 04:30 AM

Mickey,

If you generated Invoices after an Import you will most likely have several Invoices. You will need to go through the Invoices and manually change the Status to the appropriate Invoice condition. If the item was already paid and shipped and feedback had been submitted, change the Invoice status to Closed. If it is shipped but feedback not submitted, then change the Status to Feedback not left.

The new Invoices you are generating now after updating Auction lots everyday, you should not manually change the status. As the status should be correct if you are using AW2000 as it is intended.

Please do let me know if you end up with duplicated Invoices.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads