General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 5905 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mayapur
(newbie)
04/23/08 03:50 AM
ok ok i need some step by step advice here...  

This is getting a bit confusing now.

There must be a simple way that my complicated nature can't see.

emails, invoices, payments, aaaaaaahhhhhhh
How do you do it blue penny?
please tell me the simple step by step way not to get confused.

Help!!!!????!!!!!????

Some of my questions are: Do i do anything in ebay? For example do i reply to questions in ebay or answer them when they come into AW2000?

how will i know if buyers have left feedback?

Do you really need to receive notification that your item sold? I would like to reduce the amount of emails as much as possible. Will i miss anything if i don't allow this?

Is the best place to get the buyers address off the paypal payment confirmation letter? What if it say uncomfirmed address?

If a payment is received but takes a few days to clear do you tick the payment received box and then when it clears do you tick the payment received email box?

Edited by mayapur on 04/23/08 04:42 AM (server time).

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/23/08 06:30 AM
Re: ok ok i need some step by step advice here... new [re: mayapur]  

Hi,

No worries... Let me see if I can help...

I don't do anything on eBay.. In fact, my staff never even looks on eBay nor do they have access to My eBay account. If the need arises for them to see the listing on eBay, they can simply click the little blue world next to the Auction title line on the Auction lot. OR they can click the blue world on the related Invoice item on the Invoice. That blue world opens up the exact listing page without allowing any access to My eBay. Comes in real handy sometimes.

All emails,, 100% of them are replied to from out of Aw2K.

You see, all the emails buyer's send to you through "My Messages" can be retrieved with an email client and responded to. I created email templates in Aw2K for responding to the most frequent inquiries so all we have to do is fill in the blank with specifics. Like "How much is shipping for two" questions. Open the email in AW2K, click the "reply with template" click on our "estimated shipping" email we created, fillin the blank with the shipping rate. click Queue and send and we are done.

In my opinion, you do need the notifications an item has sold. Unless you go to your "My eBay" account frequently and refresh the pages, you would not be able to tell. And lately, the qty of auctions sold on eBay has been getting stuck and doesn't increase with each sale.

When an "End of Auction" arrives during the day, we know to update that auction lot or lots whichever the case may be. If it is just one Auction, we will manually update just the one auction lot instead of updating the whole sha-bang. YOu can manually update by going the auction lot, and either,
Go to "Auction site | Update lot"
OR use the "Ctrl+D" key and update. Then go to "Tasks |Generate Invoices"....

You can change your Preferences on eBay to not allow auctions that have not sold. That will reduce email.

You might also consider, having an email address that is just for your auctions. Meaning if your current email address registered on eBay is the same one you use for just your regular everyday at home personal email, you might consider getting an email address just for Auction business. It will help reduce junk mail--at least for a while anyway.

YOu can extract names and addressess off the End of Auction, if you choose. But you will want to verify the address with the buyer. And there is a new Paypal Seller's Protection plan. If you ship to the address on the Paypal payment, there is additional coverage. That is a condensed down version of the Seller's protection but it is one of the criteria. You might want to go to Paypal for the details. I will dig up the link to the page on Paypal some time this morning for you...

We use the Paypal payments for extracting the names and addresses. Not the End of Auction. In order for your Store items to appear on eBay express, you have to ship to unconfirmed addresses. That is one of the criteria for having a seller's Store listings show up on eBay Express.

If a Paypal payment is a "Pending Check" payment, you record the income. And set the "Ship date" to several days in the future. We set the date 10 days ahead. If the payment clears prior to that date, all you have to do, is change the ship date on the Invoice to the correct date you are shipping the package.

The Invoice will not show up in the "Print Invoices and Shipping labels" dialog box until the correct date rolls around. Super easy to use and a great double check to be sure you are shipping everything that needs to be shipped that day.

So if a buyer pays with a personal check--- You record the income by clicking the green "$" sign. When the "Record Income" dialog box opens, you double check the amount paid against the "Payment amount" field. If the buyer has short paid, you can change the amount paid and the Invoice status will not change from "Waiting for payment" to "Waiting to ship" The status will remain at "Waiting for payment" (And there is even a field to tell you if there is a balance due or an overpayment)

And there is also a method for inserting a Paypal PayNOw URL link which retrieves all the information from the buyer's invoice so when they click the link everything is auto completed at Paypal.. That is super handy!

Anyway, back to recording income. On the payment method, you would choose "personal check" (For this example.)
On the "Ship date" you would choose a date how many days out you hold items paid with a personal check. We hold for 15 days as that is what our bank recommends. So we choose the date 15 days away from the date the payment arrived to us.

In the "Email Template" field, you can either use the default payment received email template you chose when you set up the Auction profile,
OR click the drop down and choose a different email template.
Or you can uncheck "Send payment received email" checkbox and no email will be generated at all.

I edited the "Payment received without ship date--check held" email template to suit our needs. That is the email a buyer receives if they pay with Personal check or a Pending payment"

I created from scratch a "Check cleared" email template which is sent to the buyer when the Paypal notice the buyer's Pending payment has cleared is received

as far as feedback... I check my feedback every day to see who has left feedback. I do not leave feedback until the buyer has left it for me. There are a couple of reasons but one of the reasons is simply the way we file what little paperwork we do have. And it is simply more efficient to leave feedback after the buyer has left it for us. We retain what little paperwork we do print off until the buyer has notified us they have their item. The paperwork is filed in numeric order. When the buyer notifies us, we submit feedback, pull the paperwork and shred it.

If we were to shred the paperwork prior to the buyer receiving their item, we might destroy important original documents, like the Insurance form or customs forms.... That is just our method. Lots of sellers leave feedback as soon as the buyer pays for the item. It is completely up to you.

Does that help at all??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads