General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 5697 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

cgmsys
(stranger )
12/23/08 09:21 PM
Do you have to manually change the item to shipped  

When I look at the list of sold items in ebay, it appears that I need to manually change the item status to shipped (under My Ebay, Activity, Sold. )

Questions

1. Is it important to change this in ebay??

2. Is there any way to have the shipped status that you set in aw2k flow through to what ebay is showing??

thanks

chris

bluepennylady
(Carpal Tunnel)
12/24/08 07:56 AM
Re: Do you have to manually change the item to shipped new [re: cgmsys]  

Chris,

Using any third party software will not change the status of the sold item in "My eBay".. That is one of the best perks, you do not have to log into your eBay account in order to manage your Auctions. I can't remember the last time I even looked at my "Sold" page in My eBay account. Probably well over a year or more. I just don't look at it. It isn't necessary.

If you use AW2K as it is intended, the Invoice Status will change automatically as you proceed through the process. Here's how the flow goes..

You update Auctions... Generate Invoices.

All Invoice Status' will be "Buyer not Contacted".
At this point you can do one of two things, you can either use "Tasks | Notify winning bidders" OR you can go ahead and record the income from the buyers who have already paid then use "NOtify winning bidders" for those who have not yet paid.

When you use "Tasks | Notify winning bidders" the Invoice status will change to "Wait buyer reply". When the buyer responds to the email, the status will automatically change to "Waiting for payment"

When you record the payment, the Invoice status automatically changes to "Waiting to ship"

When you ship and send out shipping notices, the Invoice status automatically changes to "Feedback not left"

After submitting feedback, the Invoice status will automatically change to "Closed'

EVery step in the process is recorded with a checkmark and date in the "Status" tab in the upper right hand corner of the Invoice to the right of the buyer's user id tab..

If you click that tab, you will see fields that contain no value.. But after you complete a step, the appropriate field automatically completes for you.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads